New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Had an exterior detailing for my 2008 civic the other day. I was really satisfied with the job coz those swirl marks were gone. But checking the unit the next day, I noticed that the rubber molding on the roof (honda dealer called it rubber molding drip side) has scratches on it probably due to the abrasive applicator during rubbing. I went to the shop immediately and reported the problem to the owner. He assured me that he can restore the damage portion. I really don't know if it can be restored but I'll give it a chance. If not, I'll have it replaced at their expense. Anybody who has similar experience on restoring rubber molding! Thanks brothers and sisters!

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    I have a different vehicle. The molding on my door window got surface scratch/ruined by the detailer's orbital polisher. They used some kind of substance that operates like tyre black but this substance is a solid elongated shape. This stuff works only if your molding in question is the black rubber type.

Eventually, the detail shop bought me original weather stripping window molds on all four doors to replace the ruined ones. Kudos to this shop. They are one of the well known ones in this forum.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    I have a different vehicle. The molding on my door window got surface scratch/ruined by the detailer's orbital polisher. They used some kind of substance that operates like tyre black but this substance is a solid elongated shape. This stuff works only if your molding in question is the black rubber type.

Eventually, the detail shop bought me original weather stripping window molds on all four doors to replace the ruined ones. Kudos to this shop. They are one of the well known ones in this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    Indeed! kudos to your shop. Mine is different. They have no intention of replacing it. Not only that....the paint around the door handle was damaged...talagang natuklap bro....they are willing to have it retouch but I already lost my confidence in them. The rubber molding will cost me P1,500 each plus P550 labor according to my honda dealer. I will just look for a good body painter for the damaged door knob. I just thought its pointless to get mad anymore. Tuition fee ko nalang yun...learning experience nalang. I'll do what hurts them most by not recommending the shop and warn my friends.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    On second thought, im seriously considering to demand charges from the owner of the auto detailing shop that damaged my civic fd. I again discovered another deep scratch in the rear bumper when I was wiping off the rainwater from the car. I'm really piss off already.:kill:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hi can you pm me the shop's name? Para maiwasan. Thanks.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Djerms View Post
    Hi can you pm me the shop's name? Para maiwasan. Thanks.
    No problem bro....are you in Mindanao?

Damage rubber molding 2008 Civic