New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    - me wax ba yung foam na ginagamit sa mga car wash?

- how often dapat magpa foam wash?

- car shampoo wash vs foam wash...ano mas okay?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002

*depende sa brand or mixture nung shanpoo na gamit sa foam wash.

*it's basically the same as ordinary bucket method.

*yung foam wash, shampoo din yung nasa loob niya, if you're referring to the
    bucket method vs. foam wash, may kanya-kanya silang pros and cons.

bucket method - uses less shampoo
    -longer wash time compared to a foam wash

foam wash - mas mabilis ang car wash kasi you just have to spray it sa car
    then follow up with a towel or mitt.
    -nag-cling yung foam over the car longer which is supposed to (daw)
    add to the cleaning power.
    -malakas gumamit ng shampoo.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMHO, all hype yang foam wash na yan.
    No difference really from washing with
    shampoo on a bucket..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Foam wash uses less shampoo actually pareng Jim... since the foam is being used most of the time and not the diluted liquid... hence, less wastage of product...

As for the pros and cons, both just washes the car the same way, the pro of a foam machine is it looks cool, and it's easier to clean a really big car (tall ones, especially)... but it offers no other advantages... The main disadvantage IMO is that since you'll be using nothing but foam, the lubricity offered by the water and shampoo won't be there when you run your wash mitt over your paint... So for a really dirty car, it makes very little difference if you foam wash the car or you wipe the car with a damp cloth since there isn't enough water and soap solution to lift the dirt off the paint.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ang pagkakaalam ko and according to some shops i have talked to, malakas daw, pero peace tayo bossing fafa dave, hehehe!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hehe not sure din actually, heheheh

7. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    beware of some foam car wash shops. minsan ginagamit nila JOY, tapos binubugahan ng tubig para maging foamy. nakakasira ng pintura yun.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ownertype View Post

Sorry for resurrecting this very old thread, but I want to try this out and want to know where I can get some of this snow foam. Another thread here in this forum describes where to buy the cheapest foam gun, but I haven't found a similar thread discussing on where to buy the snow foam here locally. The "best" snow foam used in the US by consensus is AutoBrite MagiFoam, which I can't find in local online shops... Can anyone point me in the right direction? Or can anyone recommend a decent snow foam that's locally available?

According to some auto detailing videos in youtube and also in some US-based auto detailing forums this snow foam does not take the place of a proper car wash shampoo. Instead, it is an optional pre-wash procedure aimed at breaking down (or loosening up) and removing dirt particles and other contaminants on your car prior to handwashing in order to avoid the occurrence of swirl marks on your car's clear coat due to dirt being trapped in or under your mitt/rag/foam/chamois (whatever it is that you use) during the actual car washing process.

"Pre-washing involves ridding the car of dirt and other loose pollutant chemicals from the paint surfaces before you carry out a hand wash on the car. It softens dirt and surrounds the larger particles drawing these away from the surface of the paintwork and wheels. This includes traffic film, grit, bugs and bird droppings.

Pre washing is a must to help keep the infliction of swirl marks, scratches and abrasions to an absolute minimum. The key is to remove as much dirt as you can before actually touching the car."

There is also such a thing as a Traffic Film Remover which is more aggressive than snow foam, but may be harmful to your car's paint job if not hosed down before it dries up, which tends to be faster than a regular snow foam (the time it takes to dry up). Plus, snow foam does not damage your car's clear coat so it's better for us weekend DIY detailers.
    Last edited by yellahfellah; May 11th, 2016 at 12:18 PM. Reason: addl. info

curious lang about foam wash