New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm looking into buying a compressor for car painting.
    ano ba yung specs na ok na.

ilang cfm? psi?.

I'm getting into painting my project car and learn painting as well.
    tapos anong ok na spray paint gun?.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    if its for personal use then a 2hp cop would do. but if ur openg up a refiishing shop go for a 5hp comp becase u dont have to worry about overheating and small storage capacity. a 5 hp can also be used for hvlp sprayguns, sanders, and airtools

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks, I'll be using it to paint my other project car, audi quattro. and as airtools compressor.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    if ur planning to use it for a long time i suggest u get a belt driven comp it lasts longer based on my experienxe cause i bought a craftsman direct drive w/o oil from sears and the motor seized in less than a year. with belt driven comp i think the motor is not that stressed unlike with a direct drive comp. and the direct drive comp is hella noisy parang generator

5. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    if your looking for a compressor, i suggest better buy a srew type compressor, well for the hp? ill give you an example, for a hvlp spray gun(satajetNR2000) you need at least 5hp compressor to have a continously supply of air without droping the cfm. Volume of air is the most important not the pressure(psi)

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Be sure your compressor has a water separator attachment too.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ulitin ko lang po ulit yung 2nd question ni sir 1.8T, ano pong okay na spray gun?...saw this one sa Han's tools Php 10500 8O medyo mahal yata...wala lang akong time itanong bakit ganun siya kamahal...sorry forgot the brand name...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    chieffy, ang magagandang brands is devilbiss, binks and sata. i think devilbiss is the best. meron yata na devilbiss sa price smart, pero di ko sure kung magandang klase yun.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks sir Jimbob for the info...meron na kasi ako pero walang kwenta...hanapin ko 'yang mga brands na binanggit nyo...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Careful sa price smart. Some electrical appliances are 110V only. You might get stuck and need a step-down transformer which is a pain in th neck to have around.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
compressor tips