New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    rav4 ko dati black hood.... kasi nabangga and the stock/replacement hood color is black, you need to have it repainted to match your car's color everyone though pinopormahan ko ung car

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dexmabugat View Post
    Whats the meaning of car hoods painted in black? I'm just curious... I find it ok naman but just want to know ung meaning... Thanks.
    Painted black hoods are sometimes used to minimize the glare from the sun to the driver in car racing like touring cars, etc.

Others have carbon fiber hoods and prefer not to paint over the carbon fiber.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    for me boss minsan porma lang din, kasi kahit sa oner meron ding hood na painted ng black............

meron kami oner stainless body gusto ko ipa paint ng black ang hood sabi ng shop na dinalan ko huwag na daw sayang naman daw ang stainless..........

for me gusto ko lang sana color black sya...........hehehehe

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mazingerZ View Post
    Posers pretending that their hoods are carbon fiber. Nothing more.
    yup... based on hearsay, it can add around 1-2 hp on your car...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    yup... based on hearsay, it can add around 1-2 hp on your car...
    hehe.. more like -2hp.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    i have a black hood! bolted on my black car! hehehe wala pala talagang solid na cf na hood? kaya pala mabigat din

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    when a car has about 100 hp and sports a black hood= RICER

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Painted black hoods are sometimes used to minimize the glare from the sun to the driver in car racing like touring cars, etc.

Others have carbon fiber hoods and prefer not to paint over the carbon fiber.
    +1 flat black

9. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    carbon look?! well, ther diff. bet. a true carbon hood and a painted ones besides look would be... if you knock it and its lata. Ha ha! Pero true carbon reduces the weight of the car, useful for tuners.

And to dude Joeverzosa, not all 100hp cars w/ black hood car5bon or not are ricers... a 100hp Suzuki Cappuccino can smoke tuned compacts w/ higher hps. ;)

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I have a black hood on my car but it's not paint or carbon fiber, it's pick up truck bedliner. I got tired of the stone chips on my hood from driving on the freeway and having a hood rougher than sandpaper, so I used bedliner and now I don't have problems with paint chips. People that see it think it's weird but it's functional so I really don't care about their opinion.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Color black car hoods