New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Good day Tsikoteers,

Feel free to post about your experience and comments regarding the collinite 845.

The water sheeting didn't last for a week and water beading isn't happening on the hood and roof on a ungaraged car.

Should I apply two coats or apply it every two weeks to give two coats of collinite

TIA

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Sakin naman ayus lang.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    If I may ask, where did you purchase it?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mine beads for quite a while. I wash the car once a week and it is parked in a garage most of the time. One factor may be the condition of your paint or clearcoat perhaps?

This is one of my favorite waxes as it is easy to apply and buff, and seems durable enough.

I also use Collinite 476S (harder to buff off).

Purchased on Amazon and i have it hand carried home.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    any wax will not shine if the paint is not properly prepped...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    any wax will not shine if the paint is not properly prepped...
    I used a polish before applying it and yes the car looked like it came out of the showroom even if it's a silver car sir monty

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    ^baka kailangan pa ng 'cure' time nung polish kaya hindi kumapit and collinite

8. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    ^baka kailangan pa ng 'cure' time nung polish kaya hindi kumapit and collinite

I agree tama ka paps sa mga mga panel lang na may bird crap inaplayan ng polish pero I would try again sa whole car

9. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    I used a polish before applying it and yes the car looked like it came out of the showroom even if it's a silver car sir monty
    i have not tried using the 845 but i'm almost done with a can of 915. beading was good but durability wise its good for 2-3 washes only. i have and using other "boutique" waxes like pinnacle souveran, hamber bilt finis-wax, blackfire midnight sun, cg's butter wet wax, victoria concours red wax and imo, they are all the same in terms of shine and durability. for it to shine, it's all about the proper prepping of the paint surface prior to application.

i am also obsessed before about those "wet looks and shimmering gloss" kuno and how each wax beads, but later on i got lazy to even do a comparison. in reality, it does not matter what type of wax you apply, besides no one can tell naman kung anong wax ang ini-apply mo. at the end of the day, it's still that layer of wax that you are after, offering that extra protection to your paint surface. applying 2 coats is not necessary, besides its time consuming...for me. but if you have the luxury of time then you can do layering naman.

the beading should be there as the oils of the wax should be able to repel water. it's marketed a great "winter wax" daw and during summer stands up to the heat and UV rays, nabasa ko lang sa autogeek lols! i like using carnauba based wax for that natural shine but if i want a more durable protection then i used a sealant. i have my collections of sealants too like klasse hgsg, blackfire wdafpp, menzerna pl...mga 3-4 months naman kaya nila tumagal

10. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    I agree tama ka paps sa mga mga panel lang na may bird crap inaplayan ng polish pero I would try again sa whole car
    Yes, polish the whole car. Anong polish ba gamit mo?

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast