New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yung hinahanap mo kapatid e available yan dito sa korea, depende sa exchange rate, mga US$22 isa niyan. I just got one installed dun sa kariton ko. Ano ba gusto mo, yung mismong Kia ang brand? presyo sa casa saka dun labas na hindi KIA ang tatak e hindi nagkakalayo ang presyo. Kung hindi ka nagmamadali, maybe I can help you, just PM me, kadalasan body color yang inilalagay namin dito. Yung isang ikinabit namin sa office, 5 years na ding mahigit, ulanin , arawin at mababad sa snow, okay pa naman, yung sa van namin sa office, kasi talagang madikit yung ginagamit nilang adhesive.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    meron ba din na clip on o para sa escape ?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey177
    I saw this on the web site of Carry Boy Phils. Pasensya na, maliit lang ang pic, pero mukhang stick-on nga sya. HTH.
    That's a bolt-on type. You remove the oval shaped plastic cover just like the one opposite the mirror on the right side of the canopy glass and there are built-in holes on the glass where the screws pass through to anchor the mirror. You can in fact choose whether to put it on the left or the right.

Quote Originally Posted by totoybato
    yung hinahanap mo kapatid e available yan dito sa korea, depende sa exchange rate, mga US$22 isa niyan. I just got one installed dun sa kariton ko. Ano ba gusto mo, yung mismong Kia ang brand? presyo sa casa saka dun labas na hindi KIA ang tatak e hindi nagkakalayo ang presyo. Kung hindi ka nagmamadali, maybe I can help you, just PM me, kadalasan body color yang inilalagay namin dito. Yung isang ikinabit namin sa office, 5 years na ding mahigit, ulanin , arawin at mababad sa snow, okay pa naman, yung sa van namin sa office, kasi talagang madikit yung ginagamit nilang adhesive.
    Favor naman po. If you can, please post pics of it so I'll have an idea. TY.

Quote Originally Posted by gambit5
    meron ba din na clip on o para sa escape ?
    May nakita akong Escape a few months ago na may back mirror. Di ako sure, pero mukhang pang-CRV yung ginamit nya kasi nakakabit din dun sa hinge nung rear windshield.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Automahn
    That's a bolt-on type. You remove the oval shaped plastic cover just like the one opposite the mirror on the right side of the canopy glass and there are built-in holes on the glass where the screws pass through to anchor the mirror. You can in fact choose whether to put it on the left or the right.
    Oops, sorry. My mistake

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just some altering idea, why opt for backing mirrors when reversing sensors are being sold for the same price? :D

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Ungas
    Just some altering idea, why opt for backing mirrors when reversing sensors are being sold for the same price? :D
    kasi po di lahat na sesense ng back up sensor yung within the range of the I.R. lang ang na sesense nya. what if yung mababangga mo is above the bumper eh di akala mo malayo pa sa pagkabangga. atras ka pa rin ng atras kasi yung sensor wala naman na na dedetect na babanggan. sapul ang likod mo!!! paintless dent ka 2loy... naisip ko na rin po yan kasi before parehas po tayo naisip!!! pero wala pa rin ako back mirror since now

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Ungas
    Because "obstacle sensors" are no where near as accurate and comprehensive as our "visual sensors".

Hence, "Crossview" mirrors allow the driver to park closer and more precisely in proximity to a given obstacle, be it a car bumper, fence, or tree.

However, because a bracket-mounted crossview mirror takes up some clearance space, a glass-mounted prizmatic crossview lens would be a better deal because it takes practically no space and therefore does not affect rearward nor top-side clearance of the vehicle.

Next step up in terms of convenience would be a rear-facing camera hooked up to an in-dash display.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you insist on those mirrors, there are lots of them and different designs, convex available on the market. Just choose the perfect convex that covers your rear corner to corner. In your case, I would opt for bolt mounted ones since rear doors that lift up requires a lot of pressure closing it. Banging doors often will end up with loose mounts with double adhesive tapes. Unless you bought it with attaching metal screws that pinches the body for added security.

Clamps types can be easily remedied, there's a 3M brand clear tape that is about 0.7mm thick. This should be installed first on to the body before the clamp sets in. Protecting your paint and metal parts from scratches. OE Carnival & Starex mirrors do well for the job. Stay away from those 200-300 mirrors that has less visibilty.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Just to share my experience. I have a local Pajero 2.5 TDIC with the spare tire sticking out at the back so I also wanted a back mirror. I tried to look for a surplus clip-on type in Banawe and Evangelista but everyone told me that there is no such thing. Lahat ng surplus daw ay bolt on. So this is what I did-I bought a nice looking bolt on surplus back mirror for P400 and a clip type for P275 from Robinsons Pioneer (sale kasi)na malamang Taiwan at madaling kalawangin. Then I combined the two-i used the clip na made in Taiwan and attached the rod and mirror na surplus (made in Japan so maganda at matibay). The rod fits the hole of the clip perfectly. Before I installed it, I spray painted the clip just to be sure. Now I can see 75% of my rear, from the left corner to half of the area behind the spare. I also placed a thin piece of rubber between the clip and the paj body so there is no metal to metal contact that can damage the paint. Sana nakatulong po.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadetree MKNX
    I saw a "panoramic lens"-type of crossview mirror. It's "sticked-on" to the rear door glass of full-sizer and mini-vans, and it's really cool cause it looks like it's just part of the glass. Besides, unlike bracketed external reversing mirrors, it does not stick out of the vehicle and has no effect on its aerodynamics at highway speeds.

are these effective?? as anyone tried this out?? i'm confused on what to buy for my pajero, a rear mounted exterior mirror or this panoramic lens thingy attached in the interior rear mirror???

pls advice. tia!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Clip-on/stick-on back mirrors