New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Hi to all. Does anyone know where to get either clip-on or stick-on back mirrors? The clip-on I'm referring to is not the common one that is clamped along the edge of the rear tailgate but rather on the upper edge of the rear windshield (for those with flush-type rear windshields). On the other hand, I've seen 2 types of stick-on back mirrors. One like that on the older Kia Carnivals/Sedonas which is adhered to the upper edge of the tailgate and another type that sticks to the rear windshield itself (both with double-sided tape I guess). I plan to install a back mirror on our Chevy Venture without drilling holes or clamping anything on the metal part to avoid rusting. Thanks.
    Last edited by Automahn; July 4th, 2005 at 11:29 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Usually the mirror you describe is proprietary. Have you tried the local dealer?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    yep tama c PK, and bolt on un...stick on? baka mahulog hehe

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    AFAIK, there are no stick-on back mirrors that are available. Even if there are, it would only be a matter of time before it would fall of. PK is right: most, if not all, of these back mirrors are proprietory and like what BBImmer said, all of them are bolt-on.

IMO, bolt-ons are better than stick-ons. However, if you cringe on the thought of having your ride drilled with holes, then best of luck on your search.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I've used the common clamp-on ones (P250-P300) and had no problems with rusting (with the help of some rubber strips). I just remove it once in a while to clean the unexposed portion.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    The only one that I'm sure is proprietary is the stick-on type of the Kia Carnival but all of the dealers around the Metro that I went to no longer carry them since they are not applicable on the newer Sedona. The other stick-on and clip-on types, I see once in a while in a variety of SUVs, AUVs & vans. The most recent one was in an '04 Adventure. I'm positive it was only clipped on the rear windshield coz no part of it touched the metal portion of the tailgate. I'm thinking maybe they were bought abroad? Oh well... I'll try to take pictures of them & post them here. :kodak:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    likewise, i'm also looking for a back mirror for the toyota innova. the regular back mirror that clips onto the side does not fit the innova because the mirror is flush with the tailgate. masisira ang mirror pag hinigpitan. i saw one at karplus this AM which requires drilling two holes on the top part of the tailgate. IMO, the back mirror looks nice and sturdy and has that OEM look to it. (it would look great if color-keyed to the body.) i have no problems or issues with drilling but the back mirror looks second hand. they were selling it at P950. is that a good price considering it doesn't look brand new?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I am also looking for that clip-on type of back mirror for my Innova but no luck yet - though I'm not that serious. As much as possible I don't want to drill holes. But I don't like the stick on - madali manakaw or mahulog. Kung may makita ok - kung wala ok din. Please post if you find one.
    Last edited by j_avonni; July 6th, 2005 at 01:03 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I saw this on the web site of Carry Boy Phils. Pasensya na, maliit lang ang pic, pero mukhang stick-on nga sya. HTH.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Automahn
    Hi to all. Does anyone know where to get either clip-on or stick-on back mirrors? The clip-on I'm referring to is not the common one that is clamped along the edge of the rear tailgate but rather on the upper edge of the rear windshield (for those with flush-type rear windshields). On the other hand, I've seen 2 types of stick-on back mirrors. One like that on the older Kia Carnivals/Sedonas which is adhered to the upper edge of the tailgate and another type that sticks to the rear windshield itself (both with double-sided tape I guess). I plan to install a back mirror on our Chevy Venture without drilling holes or clamping anything on the metal part to avoid rusting. Thanks.

I saw a "panoramic lens"-type of crossview mirror. It's "sticked-on" to the rear door glass of full-sizer and mini-vans, and it's really cool cause it looks like it's just part of the glass. Besides, unlike bracketed external reversing mirrors, it does not stick out of the vehicle and has no effect on its aerodynamics at highway speeds.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Clip-on/stick-on back mirrors