New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Does it exists? if yes, how reliable is it?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    try mo sa mga surplusan... hit and miss din yan eh. dunno if its OEM for the JDM EK though.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Are you referring to an automatic climate control system? I don't know if there was ever such a system made for the Civic.

Or is it the OEM manual (slider switch with buttongs for vent select) climate control system that was made standard locally?

Naglabas din ng rotary switch (but still manual nonetheless) climate control system in selected markets (e.g. USDM).

So which one?

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    di ba climate control is the one where you dial in the temperature you want? kagaya ng sa mga BMW? that'd be pretty cool to have :D

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Climate control is any system used to set the climate inside the vehicle. It is just a general term for the HVAC (heating, ventilation, airconditioning) system.

Most local vehicles have manual climate controls.

The ones in high end BMW's are automatic climate control systems.

Nissan Cefiros, Ungas' Patrol, and a host of other local models are also fitted with automatic climate control systems.

The one in my Pajero is a manual climate control system operated by rotary switches (knobs).

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Thanks OTEP! Actually, I am looking for an automatic climate control.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    yun nga boss OTEP

kasi ang alam ko lahat ng kotse merong manual temp setting thing, either the slider or the rotary thing. heck, a window-mounted aircon has that.. i didn't know that "aircon controller" was dignified by the phrase "climate control" :D

akala ko, when you say "climate control," you mean yung a la BMW.

lawrence, napapaisip ako how to do climate control (automatic) for a car which doesn't have it (like mine). di ko kaya yung different temperature for the driver and passenger ha! (a la BMW). pero kung fixed temp lang sa entire car, may naisip akong way to do it, project. kung magawa ko siya and umander, ibabalita ko dito. :D

(summary: i'm thinking of putting the controller sa ilalim ng stereo in a 1-DIN housing, tapos gagamit ako ng semiconductor temperature sensor; tapos ikakabit ko dun sa relay ng aircon clutch para mag on/off automagically yung aircon when the desired temperature is reached; pero di ko ma-figure out how to do heating kasi hindi aircon yung nagpro-produce ng heat)

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Tama ang concept in sir orly about the temperature sensor. On Benzes, it is on the ceiling.

You can try using an automatic system from the same manufacturer as your vehicle.

Nissan Patrols, for example, can be had with automatic ang manual climate control systems. I don't know how easy it would be to retrofit, though.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Orly, ngayon ko lang nalaman na pwede pala na iba yung aircon temperature ng driver and passenger kapag naka climate control. I always thought na for the entire car yung temperature.

Anyway, yung friend ko had his aircon converted to an automatic climate control. Yung car niya is Honda Civic HB. Nakuha niya yung parts from Honda Civic RS.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Dual Zone Climate control yung sinasabi ni sir orly. As early as 1981, available na ang system na ito for Benzes.

Pero may conventional automatic climate control systems pa din.

Automatic na ba ang Honda Civic RS? Push button ang vent selectors niya pero ewan ko lang kung automatic ang temperature regulation at fan selection.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Climate Control for EK