New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Guys, what's the best and effective protectant for clear plastic lens for tail lights and headlights? The one that would prevent cracking in time.

I tried to checked on Turtle Wax F21 Super Protectant but it says "do not use on clear plastics"

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I used WAXCO Plastic lamp protectant, cleaner and polisher it also make your plastic lens looks new and prevent from becoming blackish in color .

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Bossing, san ba makabili nito? matagal mo na ba ginagamit 'to? Is there any precaution on the use of this product?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    *restituto: I would recommend 3 brands available locally that i have tried and have had spectacular results. The first one would be Megs PlastX, it contains mild abrasives so if you're planning on removing certain contaminants or scratches on the clear plastic this would do that and also add protection all in one easy step. The next one would be Mother's Naturally black, now this also works well for clear plastic not only on black trims, it gives a durable protection from the elements but this is good for protecting and preserving well maintained clear plastics, although it has cleaning properties for black rubber trims it doesn't seem to clean that much when it comes to clear plastics. The next one would be Mothers Plastic Polish, this is good for cleaning, polishing and protecting clear plastics at the same time leaving a nice protection as well, although IMO not as durable as the before mentioned products. Both mothers products i think sell for 385 SRP and the Plast X goes for about 800 if i remember it right. For overall value i would suggest you go with Naturally black is its for pure protection. If its for cleaning also Plastic polish. If you want a slightly barely noticeable improvement on both mothers products and the ease of doing it in one easy step then go for Megs Plast X

Hope this helps

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    I'm with madkatz on the Meguiar's PlastX and the Mothers Plastic Polish. Regular application of either one would be a good strategy to prevent cracking/oxidation of the head and tail lights.

-------------------------------------------
    Jon

My auto detailing experiences:
    http://autodetailingexperience.blogspot.com/

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jonjon_u View Post
    I'm with madkatz on the Meguiar's PlastX and the Mothers Plastic Polish. Regular application of either one would be a good strategy to prevent cracking/oxidation of the head and tail lights.

Jon
    saan po ito available? available kaya sya sa True Value? thanks

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by macychic View Post
    saan po ito available? available kaya sya sa True Value? thanks
    Try Han's Tools sa Shang and the Blade outlets.

Jon

My auto detailing experiences:
    http://autodetailingexperience.blogspot.com/

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Are the above recommended producsts can repair tiny cracks as shown on the picture below? What really caused this tiny cracks...is it the ageing of the plastic or UV rays?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    It looks like the ageing , to much heat by using high wattage bulb.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by speed unlimited View Post
    It looks like the ageing , to much heat by using high wattage bulb.
    Its a taillight with the stock bulb. No modification whatever. I often park under the sun since there's no covered parking in my workplace. Since then I used to apply all purpose anti-UV protectant (from turtle wax or armor all for plastic, rubber, rubber trimming, tyres). Did it contribute to the early ageing of the lens? The lens is 5.5 yrs old.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Clear Plastic Lens Protectant