New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    --double post due to Tsikot bug--
    Last edited by Kestana; October 16th, 2015 at 12:21 AM. Reason: No other tab with Tsikot was open. Not sure how the double post occured.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Kestana View Post
    Yes, the type of film used and the warranty is dubious indeed. The shop I quoted even admitted that discoloration to yellow is normal. I was actually expecting the clear film here in the Philippines to be cheaper, around P50K or so for a decent film, although not necessarily the high-end ones like 3M Scotchgard. However, I already contacted most of the shops and they do go over P100K for high-end materials. If using cheaper film, much cheaper, but the warranty is shorter as well.

Baka balik typical sealant protection nalang ako. Less than P10K a year pa gastos although protection won't be as good as a film. Hay. Choices, choices.
    You are correct with 50k .....5yrs ago. But the prices have doubled even trippled since the popularity of extremely durable materials came about. They last 10+ years if you have a garage.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Ziebart PH

front protection is 32k(silver package)

full body protection 102k (gold package)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ziebart PH

front protection is 32k(silver package)

full body protection 102k (gold package)

4. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Hi, sorry for hijacking an old post but does anyone know if the prices of PPF has gone down?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Expel hasnt gone down
    Vkool hasnt gone down
    Some newer films are being introduced though ..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    Bumping up this thread. Are Film Products like these still viable and effective if you're willing to pay the cost?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by sparc179 View Post
    Bumping up this thread. Are Film Products like these still viable and effective if you're willing to pay the cost?
    Best done fresh off the dealership on those you wanna keep long term. XPel is a good brand.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Best done fresh off the dealership on those you wanna keep long term. XPel is a good brand.

That's exactly my plan, I've been waiting for a certain CUV model to come out soon and as soon as I get it, I may consider getting Front Protection. It's the one area on all of our cars which gets the most abuse during travel.

Do these products last more than a decade now or is 5-7 years a realistic expectation of durability?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by sparc179 View Post
    That's exactly my plan, I've been waiting for a certain CUV model to come out soon and as soon as I get it, I may consider getting Front Protection. It's the one area on all of our cars which gets the most abuse during travel.

Do these products last more than a decade now or is 5-7 years a realistic expectation of durability?
    "XPEL warrants XPEL ULTIMATE Paint Protection Film to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for ten (10) years from the date of purchase. Covered defects include yellowing, staining, cracking, blistering, and delaminating. This warranty does not extend coverage to damage caused by normal wear and tear, road debris impact, accidents, collisions or intentional damage of any kind."
    Performance. Durability. Excellence. | XPEL
    Check with the Ph XPel rep, sir.

10. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    "XPEL warrants XPEL ULTIMATE Paint Protection Film to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for ten (10) years from the date of purchase. Covered defects include yellowing, staining, cracking, blistering, and delaminating. This warranty does not extend coverage to damage caused by normal wear and tear, road debris impact, accidents, collisions or intentional damage of any kind."
    Performance. Durability. Excellence. | XPEL
    Check with the Ph XPel rep, sir.

Thank you Master Trav! Well worth exploring this idea. I consider this as something of an investment. You should see how many pockmarks my old Ravie has.

Do you have this on one of your vehicles as well?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Clear bra/clear film for paint protection