New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    Is cleaning this type of towels the same as we do on our clothings? Im planning on buying a set of this towels, and Im not sure how you guys properly clean this. Im worrying that I might end up ripping it apart or making the threads loose. Sorry for this noob questions. Just new in the car care thing.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just wash it with liquid soap (any hand soap or dishwashing soap will do) immediately after use, they're easy to clean if you don't let the soil stay on the fabric for too long.

Rinse well and then put a tablespoon of white vinegar on 1L of water as softener. Wring and hang dry.

Don't use a dryer, don't use bleach, don't use fabric softener, don't use powder detergent.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Thanks for the response. Will be doing your instructions :D

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    Just wash it with liquid soap (any hand soap or dishwashing soap will do) immediately after use, they're easy to clean if you don't let the soil stay on the fabric for too long.

Rinse well and then put a tablespoon of white vinegar on 1L of water as softener. Wring and hang dry.

Don't use a dryer, don't use bleach, don't use fabric softener, don't use powder detergent.

why can't we use detergent? after using my MF towels I just give it to the helpers, and I'm sure they are using detergent to wash it...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    i just use the leftover soapy water (car shampoo) when i wash my car.

rinse well with running water, wag masyadong pigain, hang to air dry.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa akin, sinasama ko lang sa washing machine. two years na ok pa din. if detergents cannot harm our clothes, then it will not harm the towels.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's not about harming, it's about residue. MF picks up and retains solid residue a lot more than cotton.

You're not supposed to wash it with cotton as well due to linting.

You can wash it any way you want, I merely provided you with the proper way of caring for MF towels.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    As boss theveed said, it’s all about residue. napag-usapan ang pagka metikuloso for best results always wash microfiber products separate na lang from other towels/etc. They will attract buhok-buhok/dirt in the wash water which can leave residues when next used.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    if detergents cannot harm our clothes, then it will not harm the towels.
    No, it won't harm the towels. But the towels [u]will[/i] harm the car's finish because of the detergent granules, as mentioned by theveed.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you'll treat MF towels like cotton, wouldn't it be wiser to just buy good cotton terry towels to begin with hehe.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Cleaning Microfiber Towels?