New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I recently bought Eagle One cleaner wax. My question is, is this wax abrasive?

Another question is my current practice is glazing then then topping it off with wax. If I will top my Glaze off with a cleaner wax, wouldn't the wax strip off the glaze.

Paging the detailing gurus :?:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Question 1: Not really, it's cleaning properties are chemical based, not abrasive based. It's a great maintenance wax.

Question 2: Yes it would. Glazes usually don't last more than a couple of washes. They're highly oil based and should be reapplied often.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Thank you sir! :D

I plan to do the following this holidays.
    1) Apply Eagle 1 cleaner wax
    2) Glaze it with polyglaze gog
    3) Seal it with 3m wax

Do you think this is a good plan? If not, any suggestions please.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sounds fine... I suggest you apply 2-3 layers of GOG to hide microscratches and swirls. then top off with 2-4 layers of 3M wax... you don't have to do it in one day hehe...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    theveed, when you say apply 2-3 layers of glaze, how long do I have to wait before I apply the second coating?

What if the car has already been waxed? Is it still okay to top off the wax with glaze (and then top it off with wax again)? Or does one have to strip the wax prior to glazing?

--Alf

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    salamat po! naku hindi ko yata kaya ang ganon karaming coats. baka wala na kong gawin kundi mag wax hehehehe :wink:

but i will try to do 1 coat of each product...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Alfa, with the Polyglaze, I see no difference in curing per layer, you really need a lot of layers to cover up swirls... you can apply a second and third coat naman agad after you buff it off... for your 2nd question, the answer is yes, then no.. yes you can top off, no you don't have to strip wax.

Cleaner Wax