New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    question po mga detailing gurus... my neighbor has suggested me to use PARA LUX SPRAY GLAZE which is an acrylic automotive laquer as wax for my vehicle. according to him, he's been using this thing for almost a year now on his vehicle. kahapon, nakita ko ulit ginamit nya ito on his vehicle's body and windshield and maganda naman ang shine nung sasakyan. but as with any other sigurista, i wanted to ask people from tsikot first about their opinions. what can you say about this?

Stick with waxes we recommend here bro, I havn't heard of that product you mentioned tho so I can't comment of that. Important thing is to prep your paint thoroughly before waxing to get the best results.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    ILD: sir what do you mean by prep my paint thoroughly? usually kasi after washing and drying my vehicle i put on the wax agad... any other suggestion on how i will do it properly? puti pa namn yung sasakyan ko.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    it's a process. the result you get is not based on your LSP (Last Step Product).. it's in the PREP. conversely, there's no such thing as a wonder product that's gonna do it all for you and beat the results of a carefully prepped and detailed car.

examples of prep: polishing, cleaning, claying, surface correction...

with regards to Para-Lux, ganito na lang: I'd suggest you stick to the better "glazes" out there. yep, I've seen it..

JV: Please Browse the "Detailing Thread", most of your questions are discussed there.

clarification regarding laquer as wax...