New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Activated Carbon: Found in Bio Research. Aquarium shops. They have it in small granules, too (more surface area). Best placed in an area where there is air-flow. One suggestion is to first wash the Activated Carbon (or the charcoal, if that's what you're using) to get rid of the dust.

Good activated carbon should last more than 6 months.

Zeolite: Sad to say, chieffy, that odor gone is just too expensive. Again, in various aquarium shops, they sell zeolite (helps neutralize ammonia in aquaria). Much cheaper than P100 for that package.

Taking Carbon Pills: Carbon adsorbs (as opposed to ABsorbs) the bad stuff. It also adsorbs the good stuff. Make sure you have a dietician/doctor watching over you.

--Alf

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    RIGHT!!! Aquarium uses those nga pala...

Alf, dapat magusap kayo ni BlackMagic, aquarium freak din yun...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by M
    suka (vinegar) pwede rin. tried and tested na both sa ref and car. of course, hindi pwede moving yung car kasi tatapon. i use it as the car is parked overnight.
    paano 'to?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ako rin Aquarium hobbyist.
    Ako rin mataas ang cholesterol at triglyceride.
    Tama yang charcoal at suka. Ginagamit namin yan
    sa ref at kung bagong pinta ang bahay to get rid
    of the paint smell.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    mga pre,

tanong ko lang, kaya rin bang i-neutralize/deodorize ng charcoal yung amoy ng raid/baygon? balak ko kasing sprayan yung van namin e...

maraming salamat!!! :D

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by lestat
    mga pre,

tanong ko lang, kaya rin bang i-neutralize/deodorize ng charcoal yung amoy ng raid/baygon? balak ko kasing sprayan yung van namin e...

maraming salamat!!! :D
    Yes. It will take longer if you use carbon/charcoal passively. If you use force air through it (gently lang naman) as in with a fan/blower, it will be faster.

Note, however, that smells that imbed themselves into the fabric (upholstery) will take longer to dissipate. I would suggest that you do not actually need to spray on the upholstery. Kahit floor lang... and if you close the doors of your van naman, trapped naman lahat ng insects inside, and they will die.

You don't actually need carbon naman... just open your window and drive away.

--Alf

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ah ok!!! maraming salamat Alfalfameister!!!! :D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
charcoal pringles