New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    as per request of some tsikoteers. .

pardon the ka-OA-yan. . nagpapacute ako sa board namin and tinatamad na ako mag edit. hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by caloyski5 at PTP forum
    sorry. . i'm bored to death sa shop. . decided to share my knowledge on changing our stock shifters to aftermarket ones.. .mali ang nagsabi na hindi pwede. . whoever that was didnt have the creativity nor the passion to modify of what makes us ingenious(rong slepping?) pilifinos different from the world. . ok. . .masyado na ako pakyut. .

i am one of the unlucky few(?) to own or rather drive an a/t familia .. ala..dami magagalit. . since swapping the a/t to a m/t is quite difficult and cost prohibitive, i just settled for an aftermarket shifter (momo automatico).

removing the stock one is quite easy. . just a couple of screws. . one at the side and one infront of the handbrake. . removing it completely would mean cutting the HOLD button wires (oh no! walang hold button yung momo automatico! ala i-spank na ako ng papa ko!) errrr...madali lang yun. .

anyways, the momo shifter doesnt fit the stock shaft so i visited c.a. roque at timog near gma7 to have the shifter hole widened by about 2mm .. service cost 750 petot..ouch. .

so, ok. pasok na .. pero ang panget! sobrang haba ng shaft! yaaaaaak! hmmm..i then visited filmar at katipunan and rod (the man) used a metal saw to cut the shaft approximately 1 1/2 inches (stock shifter would be a biatch to put back by doing this) same was done for the thinner bar in the center. .

end product is this. .

comment ni 323f a.k.a. mzrz6 dapat mas maikli pa. . i-DIY ko na lang pag may oras

but WAIT! pano yung HOLD button! ala! naku! spank na ako ni papa! huhuhu

what i did was find a button na maganda but should not be the locking type (parang pang arcade game dapat) i found a nice big red one at my friendly neihborhood DEECO .. 2 for 150 petot. . the button is a bit on the loose side so i opened it up and swapped the spring to a stiffer one from those extra signal light sockets that i have lying around .. the button fits snugly sa rectangle sa may handbrake. . all i need now is something to cover the sides para flush and clean .. i then found an "extra" DVD case and cut it to fit ..

at the other side of the handbrake lever, i also put a cut off switch for the a/c .. the switch was also purchased at DEECO and surrounds were also the cut up DVD case. . wiring was routed behind the original a/c switch. .

TIP: always leave A/C switch on pag ipapadrive sa iba .. . me mama told me hindi daw malamig A/C ni wen

end product was . .

looks neat? check.

looks stock? check.

do the switches work? siyempre. of course. then all of this is a waste of time then.

smile on my face? check.
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    updated pic when i metal-sawed the lever one more inch. .

total cost

momo automatico na second hand - 3000
    c.a. roque machine shop - 750
    red button/switch - 75 (150 2 pcs)
    extra wires - 0
    dvd case - 0 yung mga tambak na lang

total - 3825 petot

take note that pwedeng hindi yung momo automatico ang ilagay. any aftermarket shifter pwede. just make sure that pasok sa metal shaft yun, else you will have to modify it (like what i did)

hth.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Nice work.

Sana black din yung button.

Reserve mo na yung red sa NOS.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Ah.....so this is two handed shifting? One hand para doon sa hold button(if needed) and another para doon sa shifter. Tama ba?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wild thing,

actually, sabi ng mga friends ko, haduken button daw yung red. hehehe

icet,

two hand shifting?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    parang ok nga na project yan ah! hehehe magawa nga din sa auto ko...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I think that he thinks the hold button is the one that keeps you from accidentally going into reverse... O/D button yung red, diba?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    niky,

yup.korekek. Overdrive button yun. . sa mazda kasi HOLD button tawag dun

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    wow...cool ito ah. it's so very ganda! ;)

da red button...turbo button daw yun? hehehe.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    OT: Grabe hinanap ko pa kung anong ibig sabihin nung Haduken. Di kasi ako naglalaro ng SF sa arcade.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
changing a/t shifter to aftermarket shifter