New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Hi mga Sirs and Experts. I just bought a 2nd Black Honda Civic Dimension 2001 model. Some parts of the body are a little faded and some parts are still somewhat shiny/glossy but not like the cars below 10 years old.

I would like to ask if car wax will still help in maintaining whatever shiny or glossy parts that is left in my car or in prolong its remaining beauty. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dsc_01281-.jpg  

2. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Noel_tskot View Post
    Hi mga Sirs and Experts. I just bought a 2nd Black Honda Civic Dimension 2001 model. Some parts of the body are a little faded and some parts are still somewhat shiny/glossy but not like the cars below 10 years old.

I would like to ask if car wax will still help in maintaining whatever shiny or glossy parts that is left in my car or in prolong its remaining beauty. Thanks in advance.
    May mga car wax designed to restore heavily oxidized paints. You may want to try that muna.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Lin Dan View Post
    May mga car wax designed to restore heavily oxidized paints. You may want to try that muna.
    Thank you po sa advise sir. Meron po ba kayo idea anong brand yan? Familiar lang po ako sa Turtle Wax or Carnuba or 3M

4. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Thank you po sa advise sir. Meron po ba kayo idea anong brand yan? Familiar lang po ako sa Turtle Wax or Carnuba or 3M
    Yes these are good brands. You can check Mother's and Meguiars. Mas mahal nga lang sir.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2017

Black paint finish, the most difficult color to maintain. I wouldn't recommend ordinary carnauba wax as this type of paint protection doesn't last long and can be a chore to apply. Sure there's Collinite and Soft99 brands but instead of carnauba wax better go for a paint protection that's more durable and can provide good gloss and shine as well. Turtle Wax Seal N Shine is by far the most recommended polymer paint protection that's durable and light on the pocket. You can also use the paint protection as a drying aid that helps reduce swirls when drying the car paint with a microfiber towel.

You can buy TW Seal N Shine at lazada

Turtle Wax ICE Seal N Shine 5984 473mL (RDMH) | Lazada PH

I have used TW Seal N Shine with good results for a 20yr CRV and 10yo sedan. Both cars are daily driven, exposed to harsh rain and sunlight. Water beading is still good after 3 months since applying TW Seal N Shine. Just check out the reviews on youtube for this product.

Be sure to prep your car's paint to ensure good bonding for the paint protection. Use a clay bar (grab the soft99 green colored clay bar at Concorde) to remove those contaminants from the paint. If you want to be thorough and meticulous with the prep process, here's a good vid to start with:

Pre-Wash, Contact Wash, Decontamination, Clay. What I Use On A Daily Basis! The Best Of The Best!! - YouTube

6. Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Lin Dan View Post
    Yes these are good brands. You can check Mother's and Meguiars. Mas mahal nga lang sir.
    Thank you po

7. Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by jojopad View Post
    Black paint finish, the most difficult color to maintain. I wouldn't recommend ordinary carnauba wax as this type of paint protection doesn't last long and can be a chore to apply. Sure there's Collinite and Soft99 brands but instead of carnauba wax better go for a paint protection that's more durable and can provide good gloss and shine as well. Turtle Wax Seal N Shine is by far the most recommended polymer paint protection that's durable and light on the pocket. You can also use the paint protection as a drying aid that helps reduce swirls when drying the car paint with a microfiber towel.

You can buy TW Seal N Shine at lazada

Turtle Wax ICE Seal N Shine 5�984 473mL (RDMH) | Lazada PH

Be sure to prep your car's paint to ensure good bonding for the paint protection. Use a clay bar (grab the soft99 green colored clay bar at Concorde) to remove those contaminants from the paint. If you want to be thorough and meticulous with the prep process, here's a good vid to start with:

Pre-Wash, Contact Wash, Decontamination, Clay. What I Use On A Daily Basis! The Best Of The Best!! - YouTube
    Thank you so much for this advise sir!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Thank you so much for this advise sir!
    No problem sir [emoji108]

P&S Bead Maker is also a good one. I use it as a drying aid after a bi-weekly maintenance wash. Good for keeping thr car paint glossy with durable protection. It has a nice orange-mango like smell too.

P&S BEAD MAKER : THE BEST SPRAY SEALANT !! (REVIEW) - YouTube

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Much better siguro if you polish it first prior applying wax

10. Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    Much better siguro if you polish it first prior applying wax
    hmmm....makes sense

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast