New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ano ba talaga ang magandang car shampo? I went to true value and sobrang dami ng pagpipilian....

yun mga car shampoo ba na don't strip yun wax eh after mo gamitin dapat madulas pa rin yun paint? kasi I'm using a turtle wax now and after ko maghugas eh parang nag-squeek yun paint, ibig ba sabihn na stp na yun wax na nilagay ko...

ito yata ginagamit kong shampoo ngayon...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Soaps, detergents, etc can strip wax. The strength depends on the concentration mixture of soap and water. More concentrated solutions will strip wax, more dilute solutions may leave some behind. Squeaking paint means the wax is stripped, yes.

As far as I know there are no soaps/shampoos that do not strip wax, so you have to apply wax once more after drying. Maybe the professionals know better.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^^^ What he said...

Note that there is a big difference with the word "Strip" and "Reduce"....

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    meron naman pong shampoo na may wax na. pero mas better pa rin ang actual application ng wax

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Soaps, detergents, etc can strip wax. The strength depends on the concentration mixture of soap and water. More concentrated solutions will strip wax, more dilute solutions may leave some behind. Squeaking paint means the wax is stripped, yes.
    there's my answer!!! I don't really follow the recommended ration..I just pour as much as I want...hehehe

time to read the recommended ratio....

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by sboogie View Post
    meron naman pong shampoo na may wax na. pero mas better pa rin ang actual application ng wax
    this is one marketing ploy i can't believe... IMO, the additional cost just goes down the drain.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    there's my answer!!! I don't really follow the recommended ration..I just pour as much as I want...hehehe

time to read the recommended ratio....
    Why don't you see what the recommended ratio is and from there change it in favor of soap or water and see which ratio you like best?

Cheers!
    :cheers2:
    Last edited by mbeige; November 7th, 2007 at 04:45 AM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^^^will do....

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by claRkEnt View Post
    this is one marketing ploy i can't believe... IMO, the additional cost just goes down the drain.
    yes very true na mas expensive siya. nagtry ako dati nito and i'm not satisfied with it. very minimal lang kasi ang shine na ibinigay nya. kaya balik ako sa dati kong car shampoo and bumili na lang ako ng separate na carnuba wax. very satisfied

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    do not use car shampoo at least for three weeks after you wax. Di totooo ang calims ng shampoo ung carnuba etc. use it pag heavily embeded dirt like libag o galing sa maputik para tangal ang libag

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
car shampoo that don't strip wax...