New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    dont know if this is the right place to ask... what makes microtex shampoo great? how does it not strip off the wax compared to other shampoos/soaps? mas ok kung technical yung sagot. :D like "it does not have.." this or that.. been reading on how to make car shampoo.. and was surprised na may "industrial salt". i think its used to thicken the solution? is this normal or would this just contribute to rusting?

any other recommended car shampoos that are wax safe and is a bang for your buck?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    May binibilhan ako ng Car Shampoo sa may soap store along Mindanao ave around 850pesos yung 5 gallons sakanila.Almost 1 month na buhay pa din yung sealant sa car ko. very bang for the buck talaga since it lastsabout 3 to 4 months yung 5 gallons washing 5 cars atleast twice a week.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Iyong sa Blade store 88.00 car shampoo .I liter okay na ito.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    polyglaze,microtex and yung sa blade na color green car shampoo ang mga gamit ko, they all work for me...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    AFAIK... "industrial salt" is for the manufacturing of sodium hydroxide, which is used for saponification... which is the process of making soaps.

either that or it's used to make sodium laurel/laureth sulfate... which is the surfactant for shampoos.

since soaps, detergents, and shampoos work the same way, the basic degreasing/cleaning power of these substances largely depend on the concentration of these surfactants.

not familiar with the other additives, though.

personally I use bigbert's shampoo... 400 per gallon. hehe. sulit
    Last edited by scharnhorst; February 10th, 2011 at 08:34 AM.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    microtex and micromagic from blade mura at magandang gamitin