New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    hello tsikot members!

i'm a new guy at these forums, naghahanap lang kasi ng tips on how to possibly improve car looks and performance...searched the forums and got some pretty interesting tidbits on improving the looks of a car.

anyway, we're buying a toyota corolla xl sometime next week. it seems that my parents are pretty intent on getting me this car instead of an altis or a vios (the 1.3 engine is the biggest factor to save on gas), so the only consolation i have is that i can use the money saved to customize its looks a little bit.

im lookin for suggestions on how to make it look better? alam ko kasi madalas corolla xl pang taxi lang ang gamit, so mejo nakakahiya if i'm drivin it with all stock parts.

my personal favorites on customizations are rims...are 18s possible on an xl???

what are the most efficient and best looking customizations can you suggest?

lookin forward to posting a lot more on this site!! thx in advance

edit :: i have a question on upgrading the size of the rims...the XL comes with stock 13" what else do i have to do if i want to increase the size to a 17"?
    Last edited by audibleMCs.com; February 26th, 2005 at 06:45 PM.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    18s will destroy ur suspension hehe, at the most install 17s though i highly recommend 16s coz of our dilapidated road conditions.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    what brand do u recommend?

silverwind, concept one, rota are your best bets. not familiar with the designs though, better wait for the mag wheel gurus here. yup get the 16s for the best balance between porma/ride comfort.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    thx thx.

whats wrong with getting 17s? pros/cons?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    The Corolla XL comes with 14' Steel Rims. I think 15' is your best bet for balance and comfort. 16' is maximum. Even at 16', you might face the problem that sumasayad ang gulong if you set 4 people or more. Sorry but that gap in between your tire and wheel well is there for a good reason. I suggest you do not get the White color as it will be mistaken for a taxi. If i am not mistaken, the lowest variant of the vios- 1.3J is almost the same price as the Corolla XL. That is a better buy than the XL.

for me lang....why cont convince them a 1.3 vios...much newer and more colors to choose..

brandnew xl corolla comes in white in silver nalang,black steel rims,carb 1.3 engine(which means masmatipid ang 1.3vvti ng vios),thin seats and all basic thing you'll normally found in a brand-new corolla xl taxi..

BTW, almost the same size ang corolla xl and the vios...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    oo nga, bakit hindi yung vios na 1.3 kunin mo? mas porma yun.

o kaya 1.5 na city. CVT yun kaya matipid. friend ko naka 1.5 cvt city tipid daw sa gas. HOWEVER, the looks of the city needs getting used to. hangang ngayon pag nakakita ako ng honda city nagugutom ako gusto ko kumain ng halo-halo. ICE SHAVER ehehehe!

17"? sayad na yan. 16", pag loaded ka sayad na din yan. saka di ka makaliko ng todo kasi sasayad sa tapalodo. 15" is your best bet, for both xl and vios.

saka mababa ang resale value ng xl pards. dami lang nga parts.

nga sir..just explain them na masmakakatipid ka sa fuel on vios than sa XL,and i'll take real good of it,di ko lalaspagin...

student ka pa?

ok,corolla XL teaches humility..pero iba nga pag vios..sabihin mo hangang pagkagraduate,i'LL do better/do much better sa school and prove it,malay mo masayahan sila,di lang vios, altis 1.8G pa!

10. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    get the vios base na lang if possible. try to convince your parents. but if they insist on getting you the corolla, change the rims to 15 or 16 inch then try to get the euro lights and extended bumpers if possible.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
buying a brand new toyota corolla XL