New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    hey all! need your opinions lang on the body repair (latero) and repaint of my nissan sentra.

ang gagawin daw was:
    scrape to metal the whole car; is scrape to metal still recommended? di po ba natatanggal ang original rust proofing (if ever may natira pa) na linagay ng manufacturer?

replace trunk, hood, and all doors; when i asked why the guy said: oo nga po sir, wala pa po ka-alon-alon ang mga pinto, pero meron parts na kinain na ng kalawang.
    sabi ko di ba pwede putulin na lng? then yung explanation nya na parang matagal na trabaho and wala daw tools pangputol...

what would be a better thing to do, just cut the parts na nabulok or palit panel na lng?

i dont believe that my door panels need to be replaced kasi yung mga bulok naman yung konting rust spots and bubbles lang eh...

estimate was 75k, lahat lahat with latero (general body repair daw) and kasama na paint... fair price po kaya? and should i get a second opinion?

thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    up... anyone?

3. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    At that price, anong shop?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by carguy101 View Post
    hey all! need your opinions lang on the body repair (latero) and repaint of my nissan sentra.

ang gagawin daw was:
    scrape to metal the whole car; is scrape to metal still recommended? di po ba natatanggal ang original rust proofing (if ever may natira pa) na linagay ng manufacturer?

replace trunk, hood, and all doors; when i asked why the guy said: oo nga po sir, wala pa po ka-alon-alon ang mga pinto, pero meron parts na kinain na ng kalawang.
    sabi ko di ba pwede putulin na lng? then yung explanation nya na parang matagal na trabaho and wala daw tools pangputol...

what would be a better thing to do, just cut the parts na nabulok or palit panel na lng?

i dont believe that my door panels need to be replaced kasi yung mga bulok naman yung konting rust spots and bubbles lang eh...

estimate was 75k, lahat lahat with latero (general body repair daw) and kasama na paint... fair price po kaya? and should i get a second opinion?

thanks.

i read somewhere, that the best rustproofing the car has, is the factory 'proofing. it is not recommended that it be scraped off, because we can not replace it with another one that approaches its effectiveness.

replacing doors and panels... only if they are really rusted down, or if one is swimming in money. if important areas, such as hinge mount areas, are not rusted, a good cut-and-repair latero, plus a good pintor, can effect a good final product.
    but i see a lot of fenders and doors on display at the kathay shops along evangelista makati.

in the few times that my old sentra suffered a fender bender, the casa (nissan UN ave.) effected a very nice repair. i do not know if they did it themselves, or they subcontracted it. perhaps you might ask them, and have the folks do yours.

good luck, and share with us the photos of the final product.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by H1Tman View Post
    At that price, anong shop?
    just found it here sa paranaque pilots yata name

6. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i read somewhere, that the best rustproofing the car has, is the factory 'proofing. it is not recommended that it be scraped off, because we can not replace it with another one that approaches its effectiveness.

replacing doors and panels... only if they are really rusted down, or if one is swimming in money. if important areas, such as hinge mount areas, are not rusted, a good cut-and-repair latero, plus a good pintor, can effect a good final product.
    but i see a lot of fenders and doors on display at the kathay shops along evangelista makati.

in the few times that my old sentra suffered a fender bender, the casa (nissan UN ave.) effected a very nice repair. i do not know if they did it themselves, or they subcontracted it. perhaps you might ask them, and have the folks do yours.

good luck, and share with us the photos of the final product.
    yeah, some other shops told me not to have the whole car scraped but others told me to scrape... im getting a wide variety of answers to the same question: scrape or not.

im thinking of bringing the car to the casa para sila na lng mag paint, but my friend advised against it as they charged him 80k before just for a washover...

anyways, heres my top choices for body work and paint:
    -sams autoworx, i saw their mazda 323 sa MIAS and was impressed so i got their calling card

-paint plus, had cars painted there before but medyo mahal din...

-(the cheapest) the nameless shop here in paranaque, kila dudong...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Mga bossing patulong naman.. Nabangga ako last week, kaka-1 year pa lang ng oto ko so iniisip ko kung door replacement na ba to (yupi yung 2 left doors, then may konting yupi din yung wheel arc) or repair na lang (para mas mabilis makuha)? Anong toyota casa ba yung okay and auto repair shops na din? Bale yung insurance ng nakabunggo sa akin e AFP GEN. Eto so far ang alam kong accredited auto repair shops nila:

1. Makati Motorist Auto Center at Guatemala St., Makati
    2. 88 Motor Shop at Project 4, QC
    3. 249 Motor Works at Kamuning Road, QC
    4. Vision Motors at West Ave., QC

Dun sa 4 auto e wala akong makitang reviews kung ok ba sila.. And alam ko sa casa e nagsubcontract din sila.. Sana may sumagot.. Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails innova-damage-3.jpg   innova-damage-1.jpg  

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Kaya yan ng paintless dent repair!

Sent from my ASUS_Z017DA using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipo View Post
    Kaya yan ng paintless dent repair!

Sent from my ASUS_Z017DA using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Thanks sa suggestion sir Flipo! Problema sir e may gasgas, mahaba... tsaka yung wheel arc nayupi ng konti and may gasgas din...

10. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldmb7 View Post
    Thanks sa suggestion sir Flipo! Problema sir e may gasgas, mahaba... tsaka yung wheel arc nayupi ng konti and may gasgas din...
    Or yung Paintless Dent Repair shop sa makati? Sana accredited yun ng insurance ng nakabangga sa akin..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast