New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    To the Boys at Big Berts (David, Vince, Bert and your crew)

Thank you very much for the interior detailing work you guys provided- the musty smell gone, smells clean, looks nice. And you did it in record time. Next time, lets do the 3 step tango- with you guys, what you say- we do. You rock

Special recognition goes to your valuable assistance in helping this DIY idiot in sound deadening and sound proofing the car. With the flashband on the doors, the acoustifoam on the floor panels and the undercoating on the trunk- there has been a significant reduction in road noise and better acoustic signature.

rest assured, my recommendation to Big Berts will go to everyone I know.

maraming salamat

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Malaki ba diff sa pagflaflashband natin? How about pag cruising speed? I'm curious about how the road noise is compared to before the acoustifoam treatment...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2003

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    your da man!!..hehehehe

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks very much guys. Rest assured we will do our best to give you the fairest deal of them all.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Veed:

Apologies for the very late reply. Got caught up with work.

More than than anything else, there has been a significant reduction in road noise. If only i had those decibel meters, i could make a more accurate gauge. For now just take my word for it.

As for the quality improvement of the music/acoustic signature I cannot accurately say as I have not installed the new gear- wala pang oras kasi. But with my stock set up ang laki ng improvement - using my stock HU and the audiobank papercone separates, I could go beyond the 50% volume level, close to 7/10 before clipping. Dati kalahati vol level, distorted na. As soon as i install my 9811, us acoustics amp and all JBL setup ill let you know. I will also install the XTC foam baffles (I got from Crutchfield) for the front and rear speakers, judging from various forum entries, it will contribute to midbass improvement daw- lets see if true.

Hindi pa ako kontento dito. Soon Ill visit chieffy pa tira ako ulit ng rubber undercoating sa wheel wells, underchassis, trunk skin and if possible the firewall. Yung sobrang roll ko ng acoustifoam, balak kong i DIY sa trunk over and above (actual under) the bondo rubber spray and the rubber mat sa suking banawe boys.

Lastly if i can find someone willing to remove/install the ceiling, I plan to put either acoustifoam or flashband the entire area- which i agree with you - is the single largest metal panel ergo the biggest area exposed to road/wind noise and vibration.

I will let you know the progress of this little sound proofing/deadenning experiment. But ang laki talaga ng improvement.

Thanks for giving me the idea and helping out. Regards to vince and bert

PS
    Aliw na aliw ako sa heavy doors, parang benz na. A little nudge, mag sasara na mag isa. Also impressed is my brother, he wants to do the family van the same route.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hehe aliw talaga doors...

I have to do an INTENSIVE deadening job with my Benz as well since ingay nya coz walang insulation sa engine, ceiling, flooring etc... as in grabe hehe... Papagawa ko nalang kay ronald muna in and out then flashband galore pag may time.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    > flashband on the doors, the acoustifoam on the floor panels and the undercoating on the trunk

ok ito ah. theveed you offer this na pala? how much? thanks!

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    yup.. how much lahat lahat magpa sound deadening? thanks

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Actually we don't pa... hehe I just Big Mac... Were still checking out some products that'll be effective yet cost effective...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Big Berts- Another Convert