New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    i don't have a garage and park my car in our street. i am not allowed to put a tent coz all cars parked in the street are in the other side of our house. i bought a car cover for outdoors but one day some marks appeared on my car's roof, hood and trunk and can only remove them by applying wax every week.

:help!: may i please ask for any suggestions like a brand or type of Car Cover that will not leave marks on my car.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    I was just shopping for a car cover today..i browsed online and just discovered that there are several kinds.
    1. indoor - repels dust
    2. outdoor
    a. water repellant - repels water but is not really water resistant, cheap, good if you you just want to protect your car from sun rays and dust
    b. water resistant - better but more expensive than 2.a
    c. snow/water/ice resistant - the best one you can buy and is the one i need

Of course, every brand has their "models" but i'd suggest to get something that is outdoor-rated.

Mmm... you'll have to consider the following:

- when putting on the car cover you'll have to make sure that your car isn't dusty or else it will leave fine scratches on your car.
    - If its only water resistant, it wouldn't be good enough here cuz you know when it rains here it really pours so water will eventually seep in, and may cause stains.
    - Why not detail your car at least once a year and wax regularly. Thats what I did with my ride before, and it was parked outside. Still looks good.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    - when putting on the car cover you'll have to make sure that your car isn't dusty or else it will leave fine scratches on your car.
    - If its only water resistant, it wouldn't be good enough here cuz you know when it rains here it really pours so water will eventually seep in, and may cause stains.
    - Why not detail your car at least once a year and wax regularly. Thats what I did with my ride before, and it was parked outside. Still looks good.
    i do dust off my car before i put the cover. i have to cover my car even during the day esp on a weekends -this is to discourage people on sitting on the hood of parked cars.

how much ba is detailing? my drive is a honda city 2000, white.
    how often do i need to wax my car?
    will a waterproof car cover help?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    try Kobe car cover

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    try Kobe car cover
    Ok, the last time i checked, wala daw pang outdoor ang Kobe. thanks, i'll try to ask some other stores.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by sneaky41
    Ok, the last time i checked, wala daw pang outdoor ang Kobe. thanks, i'll try to ask some other stores.
    i think all car covers are used for outdoor. i park along the main road, halos bangketa na ng JP Rizal makati, ok naman protection ng kobe car cover. pero may lulusot din na dust at pag malakas ulan medyo tatagos. what i do is put some cloth underneath the car cover.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    i think all car covers are used for outdoor. i park along the main road, halos bangketa na ng JP Rizal makati, ok naman protection ng kobe car cover. pero may lulusot din na dust at pag malakas ulan medyo tatagos. what i do is put some cloth underneath the car cover.
    hindi ba nag mamarka sa roof mo or hood kapag nag rain at night and you wake up medyo mataas na araw?

Quote Originally Posted by sneaky41
    how much ba is detailing? my drive is a honda city 2000, white.
    Well you have to PM theveed on that. AFAIK its around 1700+/- exterior detailing.

how often do i need to wax my car?
    Once a month should be enough.

will a waterproof car cover help?
    It would. But where will you find one locally?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Your safest and best bet would only be Kimberly Clark covers such as the Evolution, Noah, etc... Cost... A lot of US$ hehe, not available locally.

Thanks ILD for the post btw.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast