New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    May way ba para matanggal ang minor scratches sa bumper or car body? Aside from buffing meron bang nabbenta na wax para diy na lang?how about mga touch up paint or yung parang lipstick effective ba?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bail View Post
    May way ba para matanggal ang minor scratches sa bumper or car body? Aside from buffing meron bang nabbenta na wax para diy na lang?how about mga touch up paint or yung parang lipstick effective ba?
    if it is really minor wherein only the top/clear coat is affected, it can be done via rubbing compound, wax, buffing.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    "minor" is very subjective.

For me, if the scratch cannot be felt with your fingernail, then it's minor. This can be fixed using the items mentioned by 1D4LV.

If the scratch can be felt with your fingernail, then it's a different story. You will only be able to polish it to a point where it will be barely visible...but it's still there. (If you try to polish it more, you'll risk going through your clearcoat...)

4. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    There are two ways:

1) level the paint,mdone through buffing, papantayin yung paint hanggang maging ka level yung scratch, kng mababaw, ok lang. Kung malalim tagos sa clear coat, ubos ang clear coat, as what ess have mentioned.

2) fill in the scratch, my mga filler products like sa microtex. They dont remove the scratch, they just fill in the gaps, para magpantay sa paint. Or use of touch up paint.

But what i usually do is talk to the owner, pag malalim ang scratch and try to live with it, kesa numipis yung paint nya or maubos clear coat nya. I will just round up the edges nung scratch para less visible.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitoy22 View Post
    There are two ways:

1) level the paint,mdone through buffing, papantayin yung paint hanggang maging ka level yung scratch, kng mababaw, ok lang. Kung malalim tagos sa clear coat, ubos ang clear coat, as what ess have mentioned.

2) fill in the scratch, my mga filler products like sa microtex. They dont remove the scratch, they just fill in the gaps, para magpantay sa paint. Or use of touch up paint.

But what i usually do is talk to the owner, pag malalim ang scratch and try to live with it, kesa numipis yung paint nya or maubos clear coat nya. I will just round up the edges nung scratch para less visible.
    So microtex filler mas ok care compare to those selling in hardware like polytuff?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    So microtex filler mas ok care compare to those selling in hardware like polytuff?
    The microtex filler is not meant for deeper scratches, more on swirls only. Unlike the fillers found in hardware stores, that are meant for deep scratches that pierce through paint up to the metal surface. These kind of fillers needs to be followed up with touch up paint.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Where can i buy touch up paint? My car is mica red, it might be hard to find for that color

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    informative thread love it

may mga deep scratches din yung car ko konti lang naman. patulong din po