New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I'm going to purchase a good drying material and I am having a hard time deciding which one to buy. There are so many choices!!!

I bought a cheapo rubber chamois for about P120 and I was extremely disappointed. I wanna throw it away after one use It did not pick up water very well and I felt like I was damaging the paint with the sound that the chamois was making. I am still giving other chamois brands the benefit of the doubt though.

The waffle weave drying cloth has a PERFECT 5 star review on Amazon but it is EXPENSIVE at USD22.95, about PHP1032.75. It's supposed to dry an entire car in one go (no wringing). Does anyone have any experience on this?

This looks like value for money and almost 1/3 of the price of the waffle weave:

Last edited by _Cathy_; March 23rd, 2014 at 03:30 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Miss C4U, if you can get a hold of a genuine sheep's skin, that would be awesome.

My friend told me its the best drying towel to use after washing your car. Holds tons of water so you don't need to wring it every wipe.

I have yet to buy one as it costs close to 50 bucks here.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Oh wow! That's really expensive. Thanks for the tip! I'll look for a good deal online

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Microtex waffle weave yung gamit ko. Ok naman. Dati sa ace, blade, or handy man meron non. Ewan lang ngayon.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    They have Microtex drying towel at True Value. It's more or less P900. I dunno if that is waffle weave.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    any water absorbent chamois and mf drying towels work for me as long as it is lint free. i don't mind the wringing part, it's a forearm exercise ;) i have not use the meguiar's water magnet but pricewise its reasonable.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gamit ko yung MF bath towels na nabibili sa surplus shop. 100 pesos lang enough to dry an SUV without wringing.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Old cotton shirts, tangalin lang ung etiketa sa may batok para pag punas mo walang sasabit na hindi gawa sa cotton.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    me i use... chamois bought at divisoria.. and completely dry it without spots using a microfiber towels i bought at blade...

cheap lang gamitin mo... basta hindi makakagasgas at hindi naman piga ka ng piga...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    chamois (yung may thread para hindi madali mapunit) tapos MF towel (detailers brand)

yung chamois mas maganda yan pag naluma na or ilang beses na nagamit, pag bago pa mahirap ipunas yan..

maganda sa chamois pag kumupas na at naalis na yung yellow color nya yun madulas na yan pero absorbent pa din tapos finish with a dry MF towel

pwede ka din bumili ng WaX as u dry turtle wax (yung spray type) habang wet ang kotse, spray mo lang then dry, sasama agad yung tubig sa basahan tapos dry agad yun surface with no water marks!!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Best Drying Material: Waffle Weave, Micro Fibre or Rubber Chamois