New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    sir ask ko na rin kong pano ba ang procedure sa paglagay ng 2x sided tape at kong ano ang pweding gamitin sa paglinis ng area? natanggal kasi yong sakin sa bandang likod ( di ko alam kong anong tawag don basta yong parang sunvisor ba yon?) natuklap kasi. thanks

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    i cleaned the surfaces w rubbing alcohol...lots of it...para maalis yun wax. what if i used kerosene kaya? im really pissed kasi wala na ako garnish rare JDM garnish pa naman itong sa akin waaaaah

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pajerokid
    pitbullz, im not sure lang pre pero i used the exact same tape with the door mouldings sa hatchback ko dati with extremely effective results.

Are you sure you followed the instructions? You have to exert pressure on it after mo isalpak.

i've also used the same brand with excellent results...
    to add with pk's suggy, make sure both sides are clean muna before sticking.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    i was thinking that i got a cheap copy instead of the real thing. can you describe the stuff that you got?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    bro, try to use din 3M exterior mounting tape. kakulay din sya ng moulding tape pero susmaryosep kumapit. parang linta. eto ginamit ko sa ducktail ko. panalo.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by aceshark
    bro, try to use din 3M exterior mounting tape. kakulay din sya ng moulding tape pero susmaryosep kumapit. parang linta. eto ginamit ko sa ducktail ko. panalo.
    i've used this 3M exterior mounting tape to attach yung cup holder sa glove compartment in the middle of the front seats. kaso yun natatanggal din lalo na pag tumatawid yung anak ko at tinutungtungan yung cup holder when she moves from the rear to the front seats. My guess is that di ko siguro napunasan mabuti yung area where i attached the mounting tape kasi i regularly apply armor all dun sa part na yun. I think applying rubbing alcohol will do the job to remove the shine.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    SSALOON: yup! thats the one i got

aceshark: try ko nga ano ba kotse mo? di mo na tinurnilyuhan?

what did you guys do when prepping the surfaces?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    what did you guys do when prepping the surfaces?
    usually alcohol / water combo will do for me.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pre just to add, yung 3M VHB is the exact same 2x adhesive used with the Epass. Strong stuff.

If ever gagamitin mo ito, use it sa ends lang nung moulding kasi medyo expensive ito.

I got mine sa true value in alabang. Hindi VHB yung nakalagay sa karton "Industrial Strength mounting chuva" or something, but indeed VHB.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
the best 2x sided tape available