New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    i was not satisfied w 3M's expensive BODY MOULDING TAPE. its the one w the red liner/cover thing. my garnish was easily removed by me w very little effort...it was taped there for less than a month's time. anybody have any great idea's?

PS: i DID cleaned the part carefully to remove wax and grime.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Ang alam ko mas maganda ang Loctite ... pero di pa ko nakakakita dito sa mga stores dito. Pero madaming klase din kase ang dual adhesive ng 3M eh...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pitbullz, im not sure lang pre pero i used the exact same tape with the door mouldings sa hatchback ko dati with extremely effective results.

Are you sure you followed the instructions? You have to exert pressure on it after mo isalpak.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung gusto mo permanent, hanap ka ng 3M VHB. Kaso talagang permanent! you cant remove it without damaging the moulding or the paint.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    3M nga ang magandang brand sa market. ginamit ko na rin ito sa door panel ng kotse ko dati.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    loctite really makes great products! di ko alam na meron din pala silang tapes...

pajerokid: yah...ako pa naman yun sigurista. i may look at the VHB tape your talking about. ayaw ko kasing matangal na lang basta2 yun garnish

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    3M body moulding din gamit ko sa side and rear skirts ng ride ko. impressive ang results.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmm, i used 3M body moulding tape several times to install emblems with no ill effects naman, the emblems stayed put for years.

Anong ginamit nyong panglinis sa emblem at paint surface prior to application? Also, how did you apply/cut the molding tape?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    effective din sa akin ang 3M moulding tape.
    Signature

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    3M moulding tapes are very durable, grabe to dumikit. more often than not, dust/particle contamination on either of the adhesive side will drastically reduce adhesive strength. as in konting hila mo lang tanggal na.

surface preparation and avoiding adhesive contact (with hands or dirty surfaces) are very very important, no matter how good your 2x sided tapes are.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
the best 2x sided tape available