New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Need help on how to remove white spots on paint. The back story is, I went out of the country last week and our house helper covered my car with an old car cover. I have heard stories of car cover messing up the paint but never happened to me. The thing is, I rarely use that car (mostly during coding days). Bad news is, there's a lot of white spots in my car.

I tried searching the net and found some DIY solutions that did not work. There's one regarding vinegar and it did not work. I even desperately tried using rubbing compound but helped just a little bit but the spots are still sadly there.

Has this ever happened to you? The sad part is that it seems the last resort is a wash-over but maybe there's some miracle cleaner out there that can remove this one (still desperately wishing for one).

Thanks in advance

2. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Have you tried using a clay bar?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    hmm, that's a lot of white spots.. looks big, or are those reflections?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    had something like that that happened to a neighbor..... nilagyan din ng car cover.
    unfortunately, kailangan ng pinturahan nyan. hindi makukuha yan maski sa claybar.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    baka naman maluwag ung car cover mo .tapos mahangin .tendency kasi nyan.nagagasgas niya ung top coat ..

pero bakit lumitaw na yata ung primer

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    let me guess. you are using a car cover with a rubber lining inside?
    ang tendency kasi nyan, may moisture, tapos biglang sobrang init na natutunaw and dumidikit yung rubber lining sa paint.
    ganyang ganyan ang nangyari dun sa neighbor ko eh.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    let me guess. you are using a car cover with a rubber lining inside?
    ang tendency kasi nyan, may moisture, tapos biglang sobrang init na natutunaw and dumidikit yung rubber lining sa paint.
    ganyang ganyan ang nangyari dun sa neighbor ko eh.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Yes it's really that big. I am preety sure it's the car cover also. I will try the clay bar if not i'll just go with the repaint or the pano roof sticker which is cheaper. Thanks guys

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

9. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Forgot to mention, the surface texture is as smooth as those without white spots. It is as if the white spots are inside the top coat

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4