New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    bossing tanong ko lang na after using a chamois to remove yung mga water sa car after washing...what type of cloth ( yung walang himulmol) do you use to make sure na tuyo talaga sya without yung mga water streaks na maiiwan?

also...can you recommend where I can get polyglaze shampoo?

thanks in advance...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hi GMC... I use what is called by some car fanatics as "the perfect drying technique", which minimizes swirling and microscratching...

I'll be the first to tell you that I don't ALWAYS follow this technique, alam mo naman pag tao, paminsan tinatamad... hehe...

Note also that this only works if your paint is well protected by wax or sealant. This WILL NOT WORK on the typical dirty paint surface (unpolished, uncleaned, unwaxed).

After the final rinse...

1) Grab the hose and remove the attachment (if any) from the hose, let the water flow naturally from the hose tip. If not using a hose, use a "tabo" and gently let the water flow out from top to bottom. This is what I call "drying with water". If you do your final rinse with a spray-type water pattern, you'll get a lot of water beads which stays on your paint. A heavy flow of water is much more effective on "dragging" surface water away from the paint. Leaving you with minimal water left to dry with a towel or chamois.

If you want to see how this works, email me at davidto*microsoft.com and I'll send you a video clip on how this is done and how it works... (don't post your email, I'll only send the clip to those who emailed me.)

2) Grab your towel or chamois and lay it flat on the remaining waterspots. I prefer to use a large, soft cotton towel (around the size of half a hood or larger) and just lay it flat on the surface. The towel will absorb any liquid that may have been left on the car's surface. Wiping induces swirls and scratches. While it's not a biggie, an accumulated number of small scratches and swirls will be an eyesore as days pass by.

3) Now you're left with very, very little misty water spots left. By now, I usually grab my MF (microfibre) towel and gently wipe the remaining mist off...

4) I grab an old towel to dry the edges, gaps and hinges... Never use the same towel that you use on the large surfaces to wipe edges and stuff, you'll just soil it.

It sounds complicated, but it's not... pagnasanay ka, it's 2nd nature... It takes me less than 5 mins to dry my car with minimal wiping... No matter how careful you are, wiping (most especially with a chamois) will cause scratches.

Polyglaze shampoo is available in Ace Hardware (SM branches), True Value and Handyman...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    as of last week...wala akong makitang Polyglaze AutoWash sa Ace (SM Mega at Makati), True Value (Makati), sa Shang-rila, at Handyman (Galleria)... ...peeps post naman kayo pag may nakita kayo...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Whoa? Talaga? Teka, bababa ako sa Handyman... post ako later...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I just went to Handyman Galle, there were around 20+ bottles of Polyglaze shampoos there...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ok to ah..

sa mga carwash center di nila ginagawa to..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hey theveed, it looks like you don't use the California Water Blade during drying. Any particular reason why? Personal preference, or just because?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kiper: di feasable for them kasi nakaattach na sa nozzle ang pressure washer...

e46: yes, i have reasons... :D 1) My cali kit (blade, duster and mini duster) is still stuck in my friend's house in Redmond, 2) Not much water is left on my car due to my polymer sheeting water... I guess the biggest reason is... I don't have it yet in my hands hehe... If I did, I'll probably use it for the windows more than the body coz after my rinsing method, i only get around 20% of water on my car surface.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    kiper: di feasable for them kasi nakaattach na sa nozzle ang pressure washer...

e46: yes, i have reasons... :D 1) My cali kit (blade, duster and mini duster) is still stuck in my friend's house in Redmond, 2) Not much water is left on my car due to my polymer sheeting water... I guess the biggest reason is... I don't have it yet in my hands hehe... If I did, I'll probably use it for the windows more than the body coz after my rinsing method, i only get around 20% of water on my car surface.
    Whew! Glad to hear you don't have anything bad to say about the blade! :mrgreen:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Theveed, thanks for the video :D

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
attention: sir theveed ( how do you dry off your car?)