New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    hi gurus,

would like to get comment from the expert regarding this matter..

i avail of the service of asphalt removal of certain carwash detailer and they used diesel.....ang alam ko kasi kerosen ginagamit eh diesel pala gamit nila..

kaya would to get comment if diesel is also safe..

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Alam ko mas safe pa ang Diesel than Kerosene. Kahit sa Gasoline stations, pag nagpa-undercoat ka, diesel yung ipapang-tanggal nila nung mga tumalsik sa body ng car.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    To Hardinero,

Diesel is an alternative/substitute to kerosene to get rid of asphalt/bitumen on car's external. Same as kerosene diesel has dissolving property to get rid of tar, asphalt/bitumen, and grease. Moreover, both diesel and kerosene are also being used on various cleaning applications for industrial and manufacturing sectors. However, kerosene is 1 or to notches better than diesel oil in terms of dissolving property. Both diesel and kerosene will not affect your car's paint since they are not chemicals or acids, which are very corrosive. And normally wash-off with soap and water after application. On the other hand, kerosene is cheaper than diesel but the former is more flammable and volatile. May be your car wash shop used diesel as it is readily available than kerosene. Wrgds.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    *Starex_Gold and Medallion thanks for the headsup comrades..

*medallion diesel daw talaga ginagamit nila bro kasi mainit daw yung gas...

ang napansin ko lang with diesel eh makintab yung finish nya compared with kero...tama ba yung observation ko paps?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Is it recommended to use kerosene to remove road tar even though I have a white paint?
    Read many links around the net that kerosene will corrode your topcoat leaving your paint prone to harmful substances.
    Someone recommended WD-40, he said the part of the car doesn't need washing right after, and is a better tar remover than any products. Is this true? My hiace is only 3 weeks old and I wanna maintain its whiteness.

Thanks.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^then just buy those bug and tat remover. although I think it's also solvent based but at least it was really designed for the application

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Buhayin ko lang ang thread. Got some dirt na kumapit sa body ng sasakyan ko malapit sa gulong. Whitish brown sya at nanigas na. Not sure if tree sap or something pero sinubukan Kong lagyan ng diesel, ayaw matanggal. Ano po kaya yun and ano pong pwede itanggal sa kanya? Thanks

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Up lang po

9. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    I use Wipe Out to remove these on my cars. Been doing this for years

Just apply and leave for about 1 hour, then wipe away

You can buy Wipe Out from Ace, Handyman, etc

asphalt remove using diesel on whole body