New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    hi gurus,

would like to get comment from the expert regarding this matter..

i avail of the service of asphalt removal of certain carwash detailer and they used diesel.....ang alam ko kasi kerosen ginagamit eh diesel pala gamit nila..

kaya would to get comment if diesel is also safe..

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Alam ko mas safe pa ang Diesel than Kerosene. Kahit sa Gasoline stations, pag nagpa-undercoat ka, diesel yung ipapang-tanggal nila nung mga tumalsik sa body ng car.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    To Hardinero,

Diesel is an alternative/substitute to kerosene to get rid of asphalt/bitumen on car's external. Same as kerosene diesel has dissolving property to get rid of tar, asphalt/bitumen, and grease. Moreover, both diesel and kerosene are also being used on various cleaning applications for industrial and manufacturing sectors. However, kerosene is 1 or to notches better than diesel oil in terms of dissolving property. Both diesel and kerosene will not affect your car's paint since they are not chemicals or acids, which are very corrosive. And normally wash-off with soap and water after application. On the other hand, kerosene is cheaper than diesel but the former is more flammable and volatile. May be your car wash shop used diesel as it is readily available than kerosene. Wrgds.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    *Starex_Gold and Medallion thanks for the headsup comrades..

*medallion diesel daw talaga ginagamit nila bro kasi mainit daw yung gas...

ang napansin ko lang with diesel eh makintab yung finish nya compared with kero...tama ba yung observation ko paps?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Is it recommended to use kerosene to remove road tar even though I have a white paint?
    Read many links around the net that kerosene will corrode your topcoat leaving your paint prone to harmful substances.
    Someone recommended WD-40, he said the part of the car doesn't need washing right after, and is a better tar remover than any products. Is this true? My hiace is only 3 weeks old and I wanna maintain its whiteness.

Thanks.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^then just buy those bug and tat remover. although I think it's also solvent based but at least it was really designed for the application

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    i use diesel to remove asphalt... ang tanong ko lang eh kung makakasama ba sa kotse kung say once a week ko gagawin ang asphalt removal with diesel? rainy season ngayon sa atin and bilis kumapit ng aspalto sa kotse.thanks

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    just wash it immediately with soap. pero weekly application is too frequent.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    we recommend kerosene at PD. safer for the fiberglass and plastics.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    we recommend kerosene at PD. safer for the fiberglass and plastics.
    anong po yung PD?

patanung na din po pala dito....nakakatunaw ba ng plastic yung kerosene?planning to use kerosene din kasi and balak ko lagay sa spray bottle but im not sure kung malusaw..

dati kasi im using Mach-D engine degreaser (nalulusaw yung bottle katagalan) and amoy kerosene din sya)

so mas recommended ang kerosene compared to diesel?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
asphalt remove using diesel on whole body