The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    dati 1700k

m not sure now 8O

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    me 3 step sa meguire is 2700 service ko crosswind.
    pwede kayo diretso dun sa meguire agahan nyo lang ng dating 8 may tao na dun pagmaaga tinatangap nila.

ok din sa kanila card.

jake

saan po ba ang branches ng Meguiars? Magkano kaya sa mid size sedans?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Meron sa Kamias QC, meron din sa Shaw Mandaluyong...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wait for theveed's shop to open on April. Its near SM Centerpoint.

ano po ba yung sinasabing 4 layers of wax daw? I have a friend may shop sya, super kintab gawa nya, pero mahal. Alok sakin for an accord exterior lang, 3800 na. (discounted pa yun) because they use 7 layers daw.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    wen mag open shop ni the veed?

san sa may centerpoint?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    we'll inform you guys when theveed's shop will open and where. It is now undergoing renovation. Siguro around 1st week of April mag oopen na ito. Of course may discount mga tsikot peeps dito.
    Phillipogi,
    Wax layering is as the name implies, putting a layer of wax then buffing it off. Then let it cure for around 24 hrs. then apply another coat then buff then cure and so on. Kung ang inooffer is 7 steps it will take days to do this. Baka ang tinutukoy na 7 layers is kasama ang mga polish, glaze and other steps.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    question...
    went to a carwash recently and i saw a pajero na iniexterior detail daw. what caught my attention is that they are using sandpaper to rub the painted finish of the car.

safe ba ito?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    buknoy: they may be wetsanding the vehicle. Sometimes, when paintshops of poor quality rushes a paint job, they don't wetsand the car with a fine (1800 grit up) sandpaper, resulting to a lot of orange peel and rough texture... so wetsanding will be required. Its not recommended to wetsand an original finish, though, it'll cut the paint A LOT...

Philip: Wax layering is a debatable issue... after 3 coats or so, you'll reach a diminishing return iin terms of gloss, shine and protection. Sealants, however can be layered... Wax also tends to "yellow" after couple of layers unless it's of a high quality wax.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
any recommendation for int/ext detailing shops