New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    really? how can i lower the front of my car just .5 inch? hehe i live in a condo na sobrang steep ang incline to enter the parking lot. mahaba pa nguso ng oto ko ahead of the front tires kaya sigurado sayad everytime yung harap. i think yung mga rwd cars like benz and bm have short fronts that extend ahead of the front tires kaya mas hindi sumasayad yung harap.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by A-Boy
    really? how can i lower the front of my car just .5 inch? hehe i live in a condo na sobrang steep ang incline to enter the parking lot. mahaba pa nguso ng oto ko ahead of the front tires kaya sigurado sayad everytime yung harap. i think yung mga rwd cars like benz and bm have short fronts that extend ahead of the front tires kaya mas hindi sumasayad yung harap.
    lowering 0.5 inch?... personally it'll be too much of a bother to lower just 0.5 inch. You could close the gap between the wheel and fender by getting a taller tire size.

Or you can use the typical technique for lowered cars, diagonal approach on an incline.

Anyway, I kinda have the same problem with the condo where I live. I wanted to have a front chin-extension spoiler for my car but it would hit the ramp going to the parking.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    I just post this question on the other thread. anyway, I am planning to lower the front wheel of my VX200, Just want to know your thoughts on this guys.. thanks a lot..

Quote Originally Posted by BongersVX200
    I just post this question on the other thread. anyway, I am planning to lower the front wheel of my VX200, Just want to know your thoughts on this guys.. thanks a lot..
    So you want the "tukod" look? IMO you would have to sacrifice ride comfort when you do this.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    unless you really are into drag-racing, I dont' think that it has any advantage (am referring to the tukod look).
    Last edited by mazdamazda; May 30th, 2005 at 01:08 PM.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    well it has an advantage in looks.. astig e.. lalo na pag malaki yun mags sa likod and maliit sa harap.. ang ganda talaga.. ewan ko ha.. pero nagagandahan ako e.. yun nga lang taga makati ako and talagang hindi pwede sa road conditions dito.. example na lang yun riles sa buendia.. lalo na pag inabutan ng baha.. tsk tsk..

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sa revo i think lalagyan ng block ata.hehehe.. merun din clip na bakal if hidne naman ganun kababa gusto mo. hehehe

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Thanks for your reply, siguro nga , the only advantage on lowering the front wheel (o tukod look) is the porma..hinde naman ako into the drag-racing..kaya lang,, really like those REVO i saw na naka-lowered ang harap nito.. ..isa pang hirit... gaano ba ang minimum na puede kong ibaba ang harapan nito? magkano naman kaya? ok..salamat ulit..

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    may nakita ako black na revo na naka lowered ang harap oks nga tignan eh..

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    in my opinion, there are more disadvantages of having a lowered car. the only advantage that I saw when i had my civic lowered was it's look. but happy to note, my civic wasn't bouncy. Having lowered car will surely increase your expense, not only having it lowered, but other factors such as the suspensions and underchasis just to name a few.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Advantage and disadvantage ng lowering spring