New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Tama yung taga Toyota. It is safe for newly painted surfaces since it allows the paint to breath. Just dont apply sealants or waxes yet.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kenz
    diba 1 sachet costs 39.00 lang *1.6oz. 1 bottle * 16oz costs 500++. so buy na lang 10 sachets and end up spending 390.00 vs 500++ for the same quantity. tama ba math ko guys? :D
    tama ang math mo kaya its cheaper to buy in sachets. wag ka maingay! baka malaman nila na nagkamali sila sa pricing. OR mahal siguro yung bote na gamit nila ;)

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    whew! anyway, maganda ang effect nya ngayon. I will applu also this to our GLi na may mga swirl marks and konting gasgas.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    mali pa ang ginagawa ko.

Maulit nga...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggs84
    tama ang math mo kaya its cheaper to buy in sachets. wag ka maingay! baka malaman nila na nagkamali sila sa pricing. OR mahal siguro yung bote na gamit nila ;)
    jiggs, i doubt nagkamali sila dahil sa cebu ako nakatira at ganon din ang presyo dito. pati yung 3m liquid wax same price din. naubos na siya minsan pero nung nag replenish ng stocks eh ganon pa rin price. but just to be sure i bought around 6 hehehe... sana nga di nila malaman hehehe

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Baka free samples ang mga sachet tapos binebenta nila hahah...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    kenz, hayaan mo na. at least its cheaper by the sachet. usually kse its cheaper by the bucket or by the dozen.

boss theveed, eh di ba samples are usually better than the fnial product. baka kaya mas cheap.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by carlocaraddict
    whew! anyway, maganda ang effect nya ngayon. I will applu also this to our GLi na may mga swirl marks and konting gasgas.
    carlo, natanggal ba ng 3M Hand Glaze 'yung swirls ng GLi niyo?

Sirs BlackMagic and theveed, pwde bang patungan ng sealant itong 3M Hand Glaze? Another question: I have AIO. Can I AIO the car surface first, then apply 3M Hand Glaze, then apply a synthetic sealant instead of carnauba? Is that the correct chronology?
    Last edited by groucho; January 28th, 2005 at 08:23 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Technically you should never apply a glaze if you're going to apply a sealant. You'll defeat the purpose of the sealant's durability since it won't be bonding on a durable layer underneath (whether it's paint or a pre-sealant cleaner like AIO). When the glaze wears off (a week or less), the sealant will wear off faster than it should as well... But no harm doing it if you're after looks. I do that all the time before...

10. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    Technically you should never apply a glaze if you're going to apply a sealant. You'll defeat the purpose of the sealant's durability since it won't be bonding on a durable layer underneath (whether it's paint or a pre-sealant cleaner like AIO). When the glaze wears off (a week or less), the sealant will wear off faster than it should as well.
    I see your point.

Does the same argument apply also to carnauba?

Also, sir theveed, can I AIO first before glazing?

I actually just want to hide the swirls without being to abrasive about it. Is there any product (not too aggressive) in the local market, aside from the glazes, that would address this swirl problem for a weekend DIY detailer like me?
    Last edited by groucho; January 28th, 2005 at 09:12 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
3M Hand Glaze?