New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    tama ba? where can i buy this? Thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    you can find a lot in Ace Hardware and SM. even in True Value. you can buy the one in a bottle or in sachet. (3M Imperial Hand Glaze)

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if your intention is to get rid of swirl marks, it's way better to use Meguiars Double Action Cleaner Polish (DACP) using either a rotary tool or a random orbital.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    But isn't DACP too abrasive for non-clearcoats? How about the 3M Hand Glaze, is that okay for a red Lancer without a clearcoat?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    aside the showroom super shine, what else will my car benifit from this? I bought 2 packs already, 1 bottle costs more than 500 bucks my god!

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    diba 1 sachet costs 39.00 lang *1.6oz. 1 bottle * 16oz costs 500++. so buy na lang 10 sachets and end up spending 390.00 vs 500++ for the same quantity. tama ba math ko guys? :D

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    something from google:

3M™ Imperial™ Hand Glaze is a non-silicone, non-wax hand glaze. It is used by hand to refine and fill swirl marks after machine glazing. This product has been formulated to work on all colors and can be painted over.
    The best hand applied, superfine, liquid glaze with high filling characteristics to clean, remove minor swirl marks, polish and renew the "wet look" shine to paint prior to waxing. It removes oxidized pigments, acid rain marks, fine scratches and swirl marks. Apply a small amount to a soft, 100% cotton flannel cloth, foam applicator pad or terry cloth covered foam applicator pad. Work into the paint using moderate pressure in a linear motion, until all that remains is a slight haze, then buff off with a soft, 100% cotton flannel cloth. May be used as a carrier for P21S Multi-Surface Finish Restorer Polish to polish out deeper scratches. Does not contain silicone and is formulated to work on all colors. Use at least twice a year (spring/fall) to refresh the paint and follow immediately with a coat of quality wax. (Our favorite glaze to remove minor swirl marks.)
    hmmm... so it is a prewax cleaner / filler...

er, wait a minute carlo... are you gonna apply this on your newly painted car? the big berts peeps have just advised me to let the paint cure for a few months before applying any chemicals to it... (as the chemicals might seep in to the paint and contaminate it - AFAIK)
    Last edited by mazdamazda; January 24th, 2005 at 07:43 PM. Reason: new info

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tama si mazda2...patagalin mo muna for a couple of months...di naman mawawala agad kintab nyan.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    sabi sakin i can put it alrealdy after 2 weeks then wait for a month or so before waxing. The paint manager of Toyota Makati told me that it is good for newly painted cars because the paint can still breath. Anyway, my car paint is more than 3 weeks old. I applied a very thin coat of the hand glaze yesterday ealry morning after washing the car. Its very shiny!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm... from the product description... it says that it is safe for newly painted cars...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
3M Hand Glaze?