New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Hi - tanong ko lng may alam ba kayong car wash shop that specifically does the 2 bucket car wash? hehe

just wondering kasi parang wala akong alam na may ganito, even though this is the most recommended way to wash your car based on may comments and feedback.

tia

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The Detail Studio in Ortigas. They use a pressurized hose for the water, but use a bucket for the soap (instead of foam sprayer).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Drive Bright in Capitol Hills, Quezon City also uses the 2 bucket wash method

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    The Detail Studio in Ortigas. They use a pressurized hose for the water, but use a bucket for the soap (instead of foam sprayer).

What is the advantage of using a bucket for the soap vs spraying it?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    The two-bucket method can be emulated even if a pressurized spray was used to apply foam shampoo to the car. You just need one bucket with clean water in it.

After spraying the car with shampoo, pick up your clean wash mitt and start from the roof and work your way down in small patches, rinsing the wash mitt frequently like you're doing it the two-bucket method. Only this time, since the shampoo is already applied, there's no need for a dedicated shampoo bucket.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    The two-bucket method can be emulated even if a pressurized spray was used to apply foam shampoo to the car. You just need one bucket with clean water in it.

After spraying the car with shampoo, pick up your clean wash mitt and start from the roof and work your way down in small patches, rinsing the wash mitt frequently like you're doing it the two-bucket method. Only this time, since the shampoo is already applied, there's no need for a dedicated shampoo bucket.
    My concern with this is that since you soaped it all at once, by the time you get to the lower panels, the soap has already dripped down and you don't have much lubricity anymore.

My experience with my past and present black cars tells me that I get swirl marks quicker with a car wash that uses soap foam vs one that uses a bucket. That said, swirl marks are impossible to avoid and it takes less than a month for a bnew car to have them. So I don't bother anymore.

As long as the car wash is decent, your car will be 99% clean. Very few people will notice the extra cleanliness of the high end detailing shops. Any car that's washed and waxed regularly will stay shiny.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005

OT :

I usually use a 3-bucket approach.

One for the liquid wax

One for the first level clear wash

And then one for the second level clear wash.. Before I wipe.

Works okay so far with our lone black ride....

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

28.7K _/_/_/_/_/:superhero2:_/_/_/_/_/

8. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Unfortunately, lubricity differs from foam tank Vs shampoo in a bucket. Mas lubricated parin ang shampoo from the bucket, assuming of course na tama ang timpla and maganda ang shampoo na gamit.
    Karamihan ng carwash wont apply 2 bucket wash, medyo matagal din yung process and boys will tend to do the shortcut.

For a carwash that do a 2 bucket wash, South Side Auto Detail.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post

Thanks sa mga info sir! Very helpful... True that swirl marks are the curse of a black car... Oh well, ita a choice that i made. Thanks for all the help

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Yung detail studio ba yung nasa home depot ortigas? Same area ng big berts?