New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    guys kelangan ko tulong nyo..im buying this 1303 beetle convertible for 50k?is the price to good to be true? may same car kmi dati ang taas nman nabenta?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i check mo muna...body probably have hidden rust and need major repair...is the engine the 1600 with the twin carb, yung front windshield is curved and not flat...

mura na yan and a very good candidate for proper restoration kung original pa...

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    tama, kalawang ang kalaban diyan. pag hindi kurbado ang windshield 1302 na yan. madanda yan na project.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i used to own a 1972 1302S Super Beetle (before my crazy trend of getting lancer cars have started) that i have converted and sold for a premium.

from the stock look, i had:

a. installed a 14" banana type rota wheels
    b. converted the fixed ceiling to a convertible
    c. anzahl body paint. dark blue, kakulay ng current pizza ko.
    d. interiors (full leather).
    e. removed the rear seats to make way for two 10 inch sub-woofers.
    f. full sound setup with CD changer.

bought it for around 35k then, sold it for around 90k (kailangan ko nung pera bago ako ikasal eh...)

among the things that you need to check are:

a. the condition of the suspension.
    b. rust/bubbles in the paint
    c. since simple lang ang engine nya, check mo yung condition ng electricals like distributor, contact point, tsaka yung belts.

hth.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    mga sir nkkabadtrip ung bibilan ko ng volks na yan nka reserve na full payment cash tapos may nag down na daw na iba..ngayon araw ko na kukunin tapos biglang nagtxt..nakakabadtrip.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_gilmore View Post

b. converted the fixed ceiling to a convertible
    hi sir, question... saan mo pina-convert yung beetle to a convertible?? how was it? ok ba? wala bang mga leaks or problems?

Thanks in advance.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    hi sir, question... saan mo pina-convert yung beetle to a convertible?? how was it? ok ba? wala bang mga leaks or problems?

Thanks in advance.
    tagal na kasi nun eh... i forgot the name, pero its a shop somewhere in evangelista.

yung leaks, meron. kasi parang vinyl yung ginamit kong rooftop eh. manual yung pag up and down eh.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Dennis28,

Dont' despair... that volks was not that good and worth your money -

1) the conversion was not original (thus bringing the price much much lower - depending on papaano trinabaho ang conversion). Duda ko side-street welding at dinaan lang sa masilya yan.
    2) the sideview mirrors are not orginal... (IMO yuck ang nakakabit!!!)
    3) parang hindi curved ang front windshield (thereby suspecting that it is not a real 1303).

I could be wrong... pero IMO it is not worth the amount they want it.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_gilmore View Post
    tagal na kasi nun eh... i forgot the name, pero its a shop somewhere in evangelista.

yung leaks, meron. kasi parang vinyl yung ginamit kong rooftop eh. manual yung pag up and down eh.
    no problem. Hindi rin kasi original convertible yung nasa post nung threadstarter so i was just wondering if getting a beetle and having its top chopped off would be a good idea

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
1303 convetible beetle..hmmm