New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    washing under bright sunlight
    What's the effect of bright sunlight while washing?

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    wala naman talagang effect yon dahil kahit naman matingkad yong sikat ng araw dito di mo naman feel yong init. Kung sa Pilipinas yan baka pa.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wouie: What are you talking about again?

StraightSix: Heat from the sun accelerates evaporation of water on the surface of the paint causing water spots during the wash process.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    Wouie: What are you talking about again?

StraightSix: Heat from the sun accelerates evaporation of water on the surface of the paint causing water spots during the wash process.
    Wouie's in England ... so I guess he knew why I posted the question. I just thought bright sunlight has another detrimental effect besides rapid evaporation.

Watching the video again made me think that the weather wasn't that warm - not enough to be in the middle of summer anyhow. The guy was wearing a jumper/sweatshirt, while a pair of bystanders were wearing thick jackets.

Besides, for a guy with such attention to detail (and billing), I'd assume he knows a thing or two about sunlight.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I think washing in the sun is OK there, it's humid naman most of the time so it won't evaporate as easily as it does, say, here in the US where the sun can burn the skin due to less humidity and clearer skies. Of course if it can be avoided, the better.

Then again if the engine is still hot, let it cool down first, and wax it when it's already cool so the hood will not dry up the wax or let the water evaporate too soon.

6. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightSix View Post
    Wouie's in England ... so I guess he knew why I posted the question. I just thought bright sunlight has another detrimental effect besides rapid evaporation.

Watching the video again made me think that the weather wasn't that warm - not enough to be in the middle of summer anyhow. The guy was wearing a jumper/sweatshirt, while a pair of bystanders were wearing thick jackets.

Besides, for a guy with such attention to detail (and billing), I'd assume he knows a thing or two about sunlight.

Tama ka dyan tol. Nag-iisip din ako lagi kung bakit lagi nilang comment yong paglilinis ng kotse pag matingkad ang sikat ng araw. Kala ko tuloy nakakapamuti ng paint gaya ng labada pag kinukula sa araw di ba namumuti.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ah, should've seen the location of wowie first heheh.... high noon during winter or end of fall in colder places shouldn't have an issue as well :D

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Mas ma-alaga pa sa Big Bert's. Eh siya naghuhugas ng $500,000 na Maserati under the sun eh

Pero grabe ng mahal sa mga kasangkapan na gamit nya. Para sakin Mother's ok na

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, some of it is, again marketing... It would be naive to think that a pro would pay retail sticker for those supplies.

10. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    Ah, should've seen the location of wowie first heheh.... high noon during winter or end of fall in colder places shouldn't have an issue as well :D
    My mistake, should have mentioned my location in the first place.

Normal na detailing nya ay nagkakahalaga lang ng £400-600 na sa palagay ko'y fair lang sa UK price. Recommended sya ng mga nakasubok na. Yong £5000, ewan ko lang kung alin yon. Sabi nila yong mahal na carnauba wax ay free top-up for life.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
10 Steps in Detailing your Car by "Fifth Gear"