New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kitsons View Post
    Wonder why that the PHUV designed stuff never took off?

the prototype wasn't enough to do justice to its general criteria and is still inferior to existing design of modern jeepneys found outside metro manila. anyhow this forum (participated by both critics and volunteers) incl turbo and bar are the folks behind the grassroot movement that may develop someday soon into our own local motor.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdm View Post
    You dont have to be big to make cars...
    and your point is?

kung kaya niya, kaya din ng mga pinoy dito... right?

you still need CAPITAL

the guy raised $4M

from the article:
    Having left active duty in the Marines in 2005, Rogers headed to Harvard Business School to study for an MBA and learn how to make his dream a reality. After raising $4 million from unnamed private investors, Local Motors made its official debut in March 2008, with a Web site that calls for designers to submit sketches of their dream cars.
    now try raising 4M dollars here

ok, try raising just 4 million PESOS here

anyone care to try?

hirap ba?

ok, just 2 million PESOS

2 million pesos lang

anyone?

doesnt sound so easy now huh?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    and your point is?

kung kaya niya, kaya din ng mga pinoy dito... right?

you still need CAPITAL

the guy raised $4M

from the article:

now try raising 4M dollars here

ok, try raising just 4 million PESOS here

anyone care to try?

hirap ba?

ok, just 2 million PESOS

2 million pesos lang

anyone?

doesnt sound so easy now huh?
    So what is your point ULS???

I want to emphasize, this article I posted was meant to inform or educate or maybe inspire and encourage other people that in a country like the US where huge auto oligopoly dominates, its possible that small auto companies can compete (although indirectly, and in a much smaller scale). Now, what is this reply of yours again that reeks with negativity?

And as a matter of fact, who is that clown or loser who told you that people should raise 4 million dollars here in the country?

About your challenge of putting up 2 million pesos.Do you know, *uls that my kapitbahay has a thriving tricycle/owner/AUV/jeepney fabrication business using an initial capital of 2.5 million?And it was easy for him to raise that money?

Another guy in our province just raised 3 million to put up a business that rivals those RUSCO and RUSI localized and refurbished multicabs and produces Cavite humvees and wrangler type jeeps.

Have you been to Apalit, Pampanga and see those ragtag XLT assemblers fighting it out with the more sophisticated Japanese, Korean brands in the market?

Have you read all the threads here that someone here in this wretched country was able to fight off all the jeers and negativity from people like you and came up with a company that produces e-jeepneys? A guy produces (re-models) sportscar for his own use or maybe for sale? Or someone in a limited scale produces beautiful kit cars (US 1,500 dollars each) for sale?

Yup,it really doesnt sound easy for people like you with a loser attitude and so negative about the capability of Pinoys to put that kind of money.

Now, tell me what have you done for the local auto industry and the country, to be so confident of yourself on hitting and insulting all efforts of Pinoy like me to be positive on things?

You tell me.

Because Im getting sick and tired of your jeers, negativity and loser attitude.
    Last edited by jpdm; November 6th, 2009 at 05:04 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    The PHUV was ugly but it's a start. I hope they can get better designers who can put out decent figures though. (no offense if there's a PHUV designer here, seriously, it's crappy).

They can, for example, stage design competitions at various universities, like UP and other schools. Not only they'll save precious time and money, they'll also get designs that will suit the taste of the vehicle's future market.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    The PHUV was ugly but it's a start. I hope they can get better designers who can put out decent figures though. (no offense if there's a PHUV designer here, seriously, it's crappy).

They can, for example, stage design competitions at various universities, like UP and other schools. Not only they'll save precious time and money, they'll also get designs that will suit the taste of the vehicle's future market.
    Indeed and I agree that the design of the PHUV was the cause of its demise. And I agree also that despite the " PHUV's ugliness" its a start (and it proves we can do it given the proper design, technology and of course funding)

I think, those guys (MVPMAP) who attempted to re-define the Pinoy AUV did not used only a few centavos to come up with that prototype.

And I say it again, despite of, its alot better than those hideous dilapidated jeepney (that junk jeepney servicing Binay's country) that I posted in this thread STILL allowed by government to run around the metropolis.

On the suggestion of getting new designs is definitely ok.
    Last edited by jpdm; November 6th, 2009 at 05:23 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post

I don't think it's a matter of design. I think it is a matter of manufacturing capability, we can't manufacture curved sheet steel hence the crappy design.

A potential solution might be found here:
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64882

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Indeed and I agree that the design of the PHUV was the cause of its demise. And I agree also that despite the " PHUV's ugliness" its a start.
    I would assume the PHUV prototype still exists. Why not strip it of it's current body and re-skin in a more curved shell made of sheet steel and fiberglass where it is most appropriate? Something less like a cardboard box and more of a modern vehicle.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I would assume the PHUV prototype still exists. Why not strip it of it's current body and re-skin in a more curved shell made of sheet steel and fiberglass where it is most appropriate? Something less like a cardboard box and more of a modern vehicle.
    Yes, agree.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    So what is your point ULS???

I want to emphasize, this article I posted was meant to inform or educate or maybe inspire and encourage other people that in a country like the US where huge auto oligopoly dominates, its possible that small auto companies can compete (although indirectly, and in a much smaller scale). Now, what is this reply of yours again that reeks with negativity?

And as a matter of fact, who is that clown or loser who told you that people should raise 4 million dollars here in the country?

About your challenge of putting up 2 million pesos.Do you know, *uls that my kapitbahay has a thriving tricycle/owner/AUV/jeepney fabrication business using an initial capital of 2.5 million?And it was easy for him to raise that money?

Another guy in our province just raised 3 million to put up a business that rivals those RUSCO and RUSI localized and refurbished multicabs and produces Cavite humvees and wrangler type jeeps.

Have you been to Apalit, Pampanga and see those ragtag XLT assemblers fighting it out with the more sophisticated Japanese, Korean brands in the market?

Have you read all the threads here that someone here in this wretched country was able to fight off all the jeers and negativity from people like you and came up with a company that produces e-jeepneys? A guy produces (re-models) sportscar for his own use or maybe for sale? Or someone in a limited scale produces beautiful kit cars (US 1,500 dollars each) for sale?

Yup,it really doesnt sound easy for people like you with a loser attitude and so negative about the capability of Pinoys to put that kind of money.

Now, tell me what have you done for the local auto industry and the country, to be so confident of yourself on hitting and insulting all efforts of Pinoy like me to be positive on things?

You tell me.

Because Im getting sick and tired of your jeers, negativity and loser attitude.
    whatever dude

i had to lower my estimate from 4M dollars to 2M PESOS for your examples to come out

goes to show how little capital one can raise here

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    whatever dude

i had to lower my estimate from 4M dollars to 2M PESOS for your examples to come out

goes to show how little capital one can raise here
    dude...ang ibig mo bang sabihin e...tigilan na ang pag-isip at pag-pangarap ng mga pilipino na makapagdevelop ng sariling sasakyan dahil mahihirap tayo at walang pera?

sa yo na lang yang concept mong yan.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Sustainable car business: USA's Local Motor