Aug 2006
    do you mean lancer GSR?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Yep.

2door lancer GSR

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    IMO, keep it stock. lahat pati yung factory installed speakers. Its easier to sell pag ayaw mo na. wala e,, dehins ako flashy pag cars. horner lang ang kinalikot ko ng todo

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by OyiL View Post
    IMO, keep it stock. lahat pati yung factory installed speakers. Its easier to sell pag ayaw mo na. wala e,, dehins ako flashy pag cars. horner lang ang kinalikot ko ng todo
    Gusto ko project car eh.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    GSR project car.. ano bang target, performance or aesthetic?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    make it look like a sleeper...

Inside: Install Recaro Seats and Evo 4 Steering Wheel.

Make your rear bumper look like this...

Then exterior is closer to this one but a lot lower ground clearance...

or check this links out:

http://eugene.craigslist.org/pts/321237009.html

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/283753

or if you have more money, why not make it 4WD like real Evo's?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    If that was mine and it was just for a little show and a little go, lowering and some 16 or 17 would look nice. Then maybe a good sound setup, HU, front seps, 4-way amp, sub.

Eventually engine swap, a MIVEC or a 4G63T. Maybe a tower bar for aesthetics mostly. I will get rid of the stock spoiler. If it's the 97-99 tail lights, I will change it to the 00-01 lights.

Change steering wheel, shift knob and pedals.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    You can swap a 4g92 MIVEC engine for more power, the 4g63T would have to come from a Lancer Evo because the 4g63T on the Eclipse will not work for the GSR. Also be prepared to loose the A/C on the car, somebody here did the swap to the 4g63T and they couldn't make it fit with the A/C even after swapping the front bumper and hood with the Lancer 4dr to get more engine space. You could also just turbo charge your stock engine for mild boost to get the added power.

As far as the suggestion of making it look like a sleeper it's a great idea, except none of the picture shown would appear like they are sleepers.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The stock GSR engine isn't known for being able to hold boost (correct me if I'm wrong).

I'd prefer a 4G63T swap or, if you're really adventurous, an FTO 6A12 V6 swap. That's 200 naturally aspirated horses, and it's not that difficult... well, except for the wiring, but then there are technicians here who know how to do this, already. And there are no aircon fitment issues.

The sound of a V6 Lancer is wonderful... and seeing and hearing one on the dyno made our SR20s, FSDEs (Lynx) and B16s sound a little... limp.

After that, keep it simple. The wing-delete is the simplest mod that makes sense. Then go for good mags and tires, a brake upgrade if you can, from an EVO... (which would give you cool five-lug hubs), simple skirting if you still want it, but the GSR is a looker even when stock. Some fresh paint and detailing, and it's still a head-turner.

Personally, a clean, well-done car will attract looks more than a BOMEX-clad monster with questionable paint and taste.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
GSR design