New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 83 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    IMHO, this thread on BRANDING is in the wrong subforum. This is a DESIGN FORUM, and you guys are pissing at each other and pushing your weight around about something askew.

Does that inspire? NO.

This subforum was created to discuss Original Pilipino Vehicles (OPVs), which are not the same as PBVs. It is supposed to inspire, not put down.

Your one-upmanship, and uninspiring digressions are childish, and by joining in the nitpicking fray, GH, you are unable to rechannel heated arguments into constructive debate. Referees don't box. Moderators don't nitpick.

I hope you find a way to share what you know about technology, science, computers, and business without insulting or bullying Tsikot members.

Be civil. Stick to the topic. MOVE THIS THREAD OUT.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    How does "academic" knowledge of an industry hold up when you are actually in the middle of it?

Why do we have internships, OJTs, etc just students can have actual experience if "academic" knowledge is sufficient?

Simple, "academic" knowledge can only get you so far. Without actual experience, it is like trying to pilot a sail-boat by simply reading an instruction book on how to sail.

Although my line of business might not be related to automobiles, but the principles are the same. It is business. I have had many levels of experience in my years either as an employee or as a business owner. I have known many people as well who were either successful in their business or otherwise.

All practical experience that cannot be taught in the proverbial classroom.

But of course... you have your "articles" and academic knowledge of the industry.

You not claiming to be an expert in any field? An entire subforum here full of your "articles" in tsikot.com says otherwise.

I am no expert. I have never claimed to be one.

All I have is my experience in many fields of technology, science, computers, and business.

I use that experience and with the help of tsikot.com forums, I help others who might benefit from my past experiences.
    [SIZE="1"]DESIGN is the missing link in the Philippine auto industry.[/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdm View Post
    PBV entry from Isuzu in cooperation with Centro Manufacturing of the Philippines
    Hey Gawa rin namin yang Mikrobus!

uls and ghosthunter, ano masasabi nyo? Ika nga ni Mo Twister kay Ara Mina....for or against?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Cool it boys...

jpdm and uls, both of you are in the same boat.

Neither of you are experts.

No amount of "observation" & "reading" will make you one.

------------------------

*jpdm - no number of cut & paste articles you post in tsikot.com forum will make you an expert in any field.

------------------------

enough said.
    I've worked with jpdm on some projects at De La Salle Dasmarinas. I can vouch for his credibility. And in the field of locally manufactured vehicles he is very much in the know. He also links up the academe and industry by inviting industry practitioners to speak and interact with the students.

And I like the way he keeps us informed with articles that we may have missed.

Keep doing it jpdm! I'd listen to you because you actually do things

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Hopefully the new MVDP will ban used all imported vehicles and encourage the production of CKD and locally designed and made Original Philippine Vehicles and Philippine brand vehicles.
    MVDP ordered revised

Malaya Business Insights
    March 25, 2010

http://www.malaya.com.ph/03252010/busi11.html#

Malacanang has sent back to the Board of Investments (BOI) the proposed Motor Vehicle Development Program (MVDP) for further refinements, a highly-placed source said yesterday.

The source said the BOI has been tasked to review and revisit some unspecified provisions in the draft executive order, submitted earlier this month, before President Arroyo signs the program. The source said Malacanang needed more inputs.

In a letter dated March 1, the Chamber of Automotive Manufacturers of the Philippines Inc. (Campi) made a last-ditch attempt to the President to block the approval of the new MVDP, as it posed an objection over a specific provision which relaxes importation of used engines.

Campi president Elizabeth H. Lee asked President Arroyo "to maintain the current MVDP" under EO 156, saying one of the revisions in the current program which is the reclassification of imported used engines and other components from "prohibited" to "regulated" importation, would undermine the viability of the automotive industry and retard the growth of CKD (completely knocked down) vehicle production.
    Last edited by jpdm; March 25th, 2010 at 08:17 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dprox View Post
    .......This subforum was created to discuss Original Pilipino Vehicles (OPVs), which are not the same as PBVs.....
    Quote Originally Posted by romski123 View Post
    ....Hey Gawa rin namin yang Mikrobus!....
    PBV I believe is meant to help existing CAMPI assemblers and native vehicle assemblers to come up with CKDs and perhaps eventually Philippine brand vehicles that can be considered originally made here in the Philippines..

Isuzu joins market for alternative transport

Posted on 07:52 PM, March 05, 2010
    BusinessWorld Online

http://www.bworldonline.com/main/con...hp?id=7252#top

ISUZU PHILIPPINES Corp. has joined the ranks of automotive assemblers selling alternative public transportation vehicles, unveiling Thursday night a prototype of the 16-seater "Microbus."

The Microbus body will be from Indonesia while Centro Manufacturing Corp. will be tapped to assemble the vehicle here.

BoI had proferred exempting such PBVs from excise tax as long as these will be for public use.

Aside from being compliant with product standards, PBVs must also have a low cost and high local content. "It will be locally assembled. Maybe it will qualify," Mr. Balmadrid said in Filipino.

[SIZE=3]The Microbus follows last year’s launch of Almazora Motors Corp.’s BEEP and Philippine Utility Vehicle Inc.’s (PhUV) electric jeepney.[/SIZE]

The 26-seater BEEP (bus-jeep) is touted as an alternative to the jeepney and has been in the market since November 2009.

The unit is assembled in Laguna and fitted with brand new motors from Mitsubishi Motors Philippines.

Thirty electric jeepneys, meanwhile, have been on the road since last year. It costs P625,000 apiece. The BEEP goes for P1.6 million -- Jessica Anne D. Hermosa

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdm View Post
    Hopefully the new MVDP will ban used all imported vehicles and encourage the production of CKD and locally designed and made Original Philippine Vehicles and Philippine brand vehicles.
    The government should also ban the import of used engines as these have a negative effect on our environment. Like used diesel truck engines. When re-used, they emit massive amounts of smoke, much of it turn into smog which chocks Metro Manila almost daily these days.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdm
    http://www.bworldonline.com/main/con...hp?id=7252#top

Isuzu joins market for alternative transport

Posted on 07:52 PM, March 05, 2010
    BusinessWorld Online

Thirty electric jeepneys, meanwhile, have been on the road since last year. It costs P625,000 apiece. The BEEP goes for P1.6 million
    Although the BEEP is more expensive, it might be unfair to not to mention it's other attributes like the following:

e-jeepneys:
    price: P625,000
    passengers max: 14
    crash safety: none
    engine used: electric - no emissions
    design: high floor, low ceiling - requires passengers to bend down.

BEEP:
    price: P1,600,000
    passengers max: 26
    crash safety: yes
    engine used: new, complies with Euro emissions standards.
    design: low floor, high ceiling - you can stand up inside vehicle.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Hey Gawa rin namin yang Mikrobus!

uls and ghosthunter, ano masasabi nyo? Ika nga ni Mo Twister kay Ara Mina....for or against?
    haha

gawa mo ito, gawa mo yan

am i supposed to be impressed?

so you built a few cars (like 30 units? 50 units?)

big deal

it's not like

or

or

in the grand scheme of things, your gawa-niyo-yan is just a tiny drop of water in the ocean

get a little perspective dude
    Last edited by uls; March 26th, 2010 at 11:22 PM.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    haha

gawa mo ito, gawa mo yan

nga pala naiimpress ka lang pag mafeature sa Philstar hehe

gawa mo ito, gawa mo yan

so you built a few cars (like 30 units? 50 units?)

big deal

in the grand scheme of things, your gawa-niyo-yan is just a tiny drop of water in the ocean

get a little perspective dude
    uls naman I wasn't talking about the quantity of the units we produce (which I wont tell you anyway). Babaw mo naman.

What I was talking about is the Isuzu Microbus. What do you think about it? The Microbus is powered by a 2.8-liter Isuzu 4JB1-TC Euro 2 compliant engine which can seat up to16 passengers. Price is about P1.3M.

Chassis is Isuzu N-series but the body and interiors are all locally made.

Wahtchu think? For or against?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0Gpi_l4PxQ"]YouTube- Ara Mina on I.M.O. with Mo Twister[/ame]

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    uls naman I wasn't talking about the quantity of the units we produce (which I wont tell you anyway). Babaw mo naman.
    If numbers aren't so important to you, why were you pressing hard to compare numbers in the e-jeepney thread?

Page 4 of 83 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
The 2010 MVDP: Feat. the "Filipino Car" or Philippine Brand Vehicles