New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    weak ac on idle?

thats an almost 20yo vehicle. of course it cant compare with a new vehicle.

dont start replacing parts without consulting some good ac shops..
    I was wondering if maybe some modern air conditioning system might work with this pickup truck. (I remember someone suggested that installing the Nissan’s ac system will do the trick, not sure how true it is).

Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    Check the fanbelt, baka kulang sa tension or palitin na.
    Okay. Paliitin or palitan?

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    bring it to the aircon shop, and have it seen by someone who knows the business. heh heh..
    guessing at what should be replaced, can be an expensive, and sometimes, useless, proposition.
    good luck, po.
    Okay. Do you guys have any specific suggestion for this? Para may idea ako since wala ako masyadong knowledge about this tsaka para iwas scam na rin.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by MysteryMillenia View Post
    I was wondering if maybe some modern air conditioning system might work with this pickup truck. (I remember someone suggested that installing the Nissan’s ac system will do the trick, not sure how true it is).

Okay. Do you guys have any specific suggestion for this? Para may idea ako since wala ako masyadong knowledge about this tsaka para iwas scam na rin.
    mahirap sagutin.
    my personal experience has been like this. the first time you drive into their shop, "they will try to sell you everything they have to sell". something that might not improve your aircon's performance, but will not harm it, either. or something similar to that. example: cleaning your still-clean evaporator. in fairness, unless one brings down the evaporator, one will not know if it is dirty or clean. when i had my 13 year old evaporator pulled down for cleaning, it did not look dirty at all.
    if you are a return costumer, the next time you visit, medyo mas behaved na ang selling skills nila. friends na kayo.

i PM'd you my suki, po, in banawe QC. then i find out, you're from out of my town. sorry. heh heh.

alas! there are very few user-serviceable items in the auto aircon system...

i used to nissan. mas mahal po ang aircon components nila. yung evaporator na lang, more than twice as expensive as the others' .

pa-tingin nyo sa aircon shop.
    your problem might be something as simple as "freon refill".
    Last edited by dr. d; November 20th, 2019 at 10:48 AM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by MysteryMillenia View Post

"Palitin", meaning, it should be replaced as it is already worn out. It is about to break anytime so it should be replaced as soon as possible.

In our old car, the clutch bearing was about to "die" that it had the same symptoms as mentioned aside from the unusual noise.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    "Palitin", meaning, it should be replaced as it is already worn out. It is about to break anytime so it should be replaced as soon as possible.
    if it is loose, tighten it.
    if it is worn, replace it.
    google for info on how to determine the above.
    good luck.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345