New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    just like to ask your opinion kung saan ang sira kung may tumatagas na konting tubig (patak-patak lang naman) sa area ng water pump? sira na ba water pump or baka gasket/sealant lang ang problema? I'd like to know your suggestions kung pag pabuksan ko yung waterpump housing, replace ko na agad yung waterpump kahit ok pa?,since nabuksan na din lang? and idamay ko na din palit ng timing belt kahit nasa 50K pa lang sa odo? suggestions and oipinions are welcome, thanks!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by box_type View Post
    just like to ask your opinion kung saan ang sira kung may tumatagas na konting tubig (patak-patak lang naman) sa area ng water pump? sira na ba water pump or baka gasket/sealant lang ang problema? I'd like to know your suggestions kung pag pabuksan ko yung waterpump housing, replace ko na agad yung waterpump kahit ok pa?,since nabuksan na din lang? and idamay ko na din palit ng timing belt kahit nasa 50K pa lang sa odo? suggestions and oipinions are welcome, thanks!
    Warrenty?

Make/YM?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    based on experience, kahit tumutulo lang yan, palitan mo na...

tataas pressure nyan kapag mainit na yung makina and lalakas yung leak nya

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    car is toyota corolla 1990 small body 4af engine, so far been using it for a month now and wala pa naman pagbabago sa temp except i put about 1 cup to 2 cups a day sa radiator (ganon kadami nababawas araw araw). bahay-office-bahay lang araw, about 19-20 km balikan na yun, travel time 35-45 mins pero pag traffic 1hr.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ang problem dyan e "kailan masisira ng tuluyan?" Pwede next year, pwede din bukas. Mas masakit, pwede din kung kailan magisa ka lang, gabi na, malakas ang ulan, nasa liblib na lugar ka, wala signal ng celphone at may mga zombies na umaaligid. Overheat pa engine mo at warped ang cylinder head.

Pagawa mo na bago ka pa mahatak ng tow truck ng mmda. Pwede naman saka na yung timing belt, inspect na lang muna.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    Ang problem dyan e "kailan masisira ng tuluyan?" Pwede next year, pwede din bukas. Mas masakit, pwede din kung kailan magisa ka lang, gabi na, malakas ang ulan, nasa liblib na lugar ka, wala signal ng celphone at may mga zombies na umaaligid. Overheat pa engine mo at warped ang cylinder head.

Pagawa mo na bago ka pa mahatak ng tow truck ng mmda. Pwede naman saka na yung timing belt, inspect na lang muna.

hahaha good point there sir, but like i said bahay-opisina-bahay lang ang byahe ko everyday, nevertheless you have a point there, nandyan na nga naman ang mga sintomas aantayin ko pa ba masiraan ako sa gitna ng daan at ma-tow? worst case i could have a warped cylinder head, thanks for the heads up

7. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    car is toyota corolla 1990 small body 4af engine, so far been using it for a month now and wala pa naman pagbabago sa temp except i put about 1 cup to 2 cups a day sa radiator (ganon kadami nababawas araw araw). bahay-office-bahay lang araw, about 19-20 km balikan na yun, travel time 35-45 mins pero pag traffic 1hr.
    For a 1990 model with only 50k odometer reading, I suggest that you no longer wait for the recommended running km for the replacement of your water pump together with the timing belt.

Considering what *yebo said, you can take the risk of being stranded anywhere and have a tow truck take you home. However, a broken timing belt will surely hit your pocket. Particularly if you have an interference type engine configuration.

If you are risky person like me, you can simply wait until you have felt the urge to replace everything. It is when you get worried about what might happen in an emergency situation and your car suddenly breaks down in the middle of nowhere. Then you think and regret that you could have avoided it, that you could have prevented that situation if only... if only.

In an emergency situation, you drive the car like there is no tomorrow. You don't even care about scratches and bumps. You counter flow and keep on driving without regard to the oncoming traffic as you are focusing to your destination alone. I know this, as I have done this. I was just using the first gear and second gear only. I could almost laugh when my companion said how glad he is that he is still alive.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    28yo na pala, baka sa bearing na ang tagas, may unusual huni ba ang drive belt parang dried bearing? Maganda kung maiinsppect ng mekaniko para sigurado baka higpit lang ng hose clamps. Kung tipid mode at confident ka na malapit lang ang byahe, pwede top-up nlang ng tubig daily routine. Kung gusto mo peace of mind, palitan mo na GNB, Aisin, ND brand mga worth P2k. Kung palitan na rin ang timing belt, isabay na ang tensioneer bearing.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    If you did not replace the water pump and everything that comes with the timing belt kit when you had your timing belt changed, it's time you do so. The kit includes the timing belt, crankshaft seal, camshaft seal, tensioner, the water pump and coolant.

Never do it per piece. It can get expensive especially on an old car.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    replace it asap, sir.
    one day, the leak will turn into a waterfall, and your engine will overheat.
    even if you check and fill up your coolant reservoir before every trip, all it will take is a few minutes for all that liquid to leak out, and your engine will overheat.
    when the engine heats up in the course of normal function, the drips will become much more plentiful, because of pressure build-up in the engine.

"it happened to us."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast