New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    I'd like to lessen the road noise on my ride while adding a bit of heat insulation. Para naman kahit naka off na yung aircon matagal mawala yung lamig. I've asked car audio shops if Dynamats have thermal insulation at di nila ma confirm. can someone help me out please. TIA

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Yes, among the main features of Dynamat in an audio setting, which is to provide acoustical deadening, it does offer some degree of thermal resistivity. Of course, how much will really depend on the particular product used. But generally, the thicker the material, the higher its inherent thermal insulation properties.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    But the thicker the material the heavier it becomes (tama ba? In reference to Dynamat)..which I do not want to do. Save ka nga sa aircon use talo ka naman sa fuel consumption. Wala bang lightweight lang? I'm not into sound mods in my ride, I just want to lessen the NVH while keeping the cabin cool.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Heat and NHV insulation are two different things. There are specific products that can handle one better than the other. You were asking specifically about Dynamat, which my answer was loosely based on. Noise reduction by dampening uses the mass of the deadening material to absorb most of the noise and vibration. The thicker the material, the better it is at doing its job at the cost of added weight. Dynamat is somewhat good at NHV reduction and has some inherent heat insulation properties.

On the other end of the spectrum, heat insulation materials does very little to prevent road noise. In fact, the material itself may even contribute to added noise inside the cabin if it is not the right kind or if it not installed properly.

For your application, use Dynamat or equivalent sound deadening material for the portion of the car below the windows and use heat barrier/insulation inside the roof lining. Of course, you may want to switch your window tints to a premium one that cuts down UV and heat radiation coming into the cabin.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yung sa akin, based sa nabasa ko dito sa internet.
    i was looking for a cheaper alternative sound deadening, industrial foam insulation ang nakita kong madali makuha ang materials at ikabit sa door shells at rear board. naka-masking tape lang sa door shell tapos naka-sandwich din siya ng door sidings. nawala na yung rattling sounds ng door mechnisms ng aking 20-year old car.

pero yung init sa loob ng oto, depende na sa weather conditions at sa oras.
    sa umaga/gabi medyo madali lumamig ang aircon. yung between 10am to 4pm lalu na kapag bilad ang oto sa parking/traffic medyo mahirap lumamig agad/magpatay ng aircon dahil mainit talaga.

siguro, invests ka sa magandang tint tulad ng v-cool, pricey daw ito pero it rejects more heat daw from the sun sabi ng ads nila at sa mga reviews na nabasa ko.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Heat and NHV insulation are two different things. There are specific products that can handle one better than the other. You were asking specifically about Dynamat, which my answer was loosely based on. Noise reduction by dampening uses the mass of the deadening material to absorb most of the noise and vibration. The thicker the material, the better it is at doing its job at the cost of added weight. Dynamat is somewhat good at NHV reduction and has some inherent heat insulation properties.

On the other end of the spectrum, heat insulation materials does very little to prevent road noise. In fact, the material itself may even contribute to added noise inside the cabin if it is not the right kind or if it not installed properly.

For your application, use Dynamat or equivalent sound deadening material for the portion of the car below the windows and use heat barrier/insulation inside the roof lining. Of course, you may want to switch your window tints to a premium one that cuts down UV and heat radiation coming into the cabin.
    thanks for the feedback. I might go with dynamat na since lower NVH yung first priority ko.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Just read about Dynaliner. Might solve my 2 issues.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by jubs00 View Post
    I'd like to lessen the road noise on my ride while adding a bit of heat insulation. Para naman kahit naka off na yung aircon matagal mawala yung lamig. I've asked car audio shops if Dynamats have thermal insulation at di nila ma confirm. can someone help me out please. TIA
    Check this link
    Welcome to Facebook

Thermal Insulation