New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Hello mga car guru's,

just want to ask something or rather confirm something..

diba sabi nila..masama matulog sa loob ng oto ng matagal mga morethan 2 hours whlie nakabukas yung A/C..

ano po mangyayari pag mga bata ang natutulog sa loob ng sasakyan with A/C on habang longdrive?

curious lang ako kung may bad side effects eto sa mga bata..

thanks and happy easter's everyone's

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Sir, I think that the danger stems from the carbon monoxide which comes from the exhaust of the car.

The risk of carbon monoxide poisoning is greatly amplified when you leave the car running in a poorly ventilated place, such as a garage, or an underground parking lot, causing buildup of the said gas. This has been the cause of several deaths worldwide.

Normally, there wouldn't be an issue with people and children being in a moving car for an extended period of time. Just don't leave it running for the said two hours in an enclosed space.

If the interior gets stuffy during a long drive, you could just ventilate the car (by lowering the windows or turning off the air recirculation of the aircon vents)

Good luck on your trip sir!

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by earthlyken View Post
    Hello mga car guru's,

just want to ask something or rather confirm something..

diba sabi nila..masama matulog sa loob ng oto ng matagal mga morethan 2 hours whlie nakabukas yung A/C..

ano po mangyayari pag mga bata ang natutulog sa loob ng sasakyan with A/C on habang longdrive?

curious lang ako kung may bad side effects eto sa mga bata..

thanks and happy easter's everyone's

I agree with the poster above me, I think there's no harm if sleeping during long drives with the ac on is okay. Just check your exhaust system to make sure that no toxic fumes from the exhaust might be able to enter the cabin, and since your using the ac this gets circulated then that's very scary.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    i agree w/ bro scharnhorst on this topic kasi sa pag-kaka-alam ko real danger only surfaces when the car is stationary over long periods of time because of the possible accumulation of carbon monoxide inside the cabin. since long drive naman iyan at may air circulation naman ('di naman completely air tight mga auto natin), me thinks walang negative effects iyan sa mga bata, maybe except for the possibility of boredom, once your kids wake-up

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    what i do during long drive just to make sure is to open the exhaust or open up, roll down the window every hour or two just to make sure that there is no build up of carbon monoxide inside the car, because it will be flushed out.

carbon monoxide do have a greater affinity to the blood cell than oxygen and the first sign of carbon monoxide poisoning is a decrease in the level of consciousness. The first sign of a decrease in the LOC is anxiety. So that if you have anxiety during a long drive it wont hurt to hit the exhaust or roll down the window to flush a probable carbon monoxide build up.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ok lang wag lang mga covered mall parking at...

...lalo na sa motel na may garage parking madami ng namatay dahil sa practice na ito.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by afrasay View Post
    ok lang wag lang mga covered mall parking at...

...lalo na sa motel na may garage parking madami ng namatay dahil sa practice na ito.
    Why would they stay in their car when they're already in a motel? hehehe

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pag 2 couples. ;) 1 couple uses the room, the other stays in the car.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Back to the topic

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I'm shocked. I assumed that it was just one couple. I thought motels only allow one couple per car. I never thought that some couples wouldn't mind other people knowing about their "business".

On topic: It is indeed dangerous to stay inside a car with the a/c on if it's been stationary for a long time like the others have said. Not to mention that it's very impractical.

When I was in college I heard about this boy from an exclusive school that died in a condo parking lot because he did it with a girl with the engine running and car cover still on.

Sleeping inside the car with A/C on