New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    I've stumbled upon this post trying to find answers on my problem

"there are two fans for corolla, one is radiator fan and the other is a condenser fan.
    when the engine coolant is still cold and the aircon is on, both radiator fan and condenser fan runs at half speed
    when the coolant is around 90 degrees celsius and the a/c is off, the radiator fan runs at full speed and the condenser fan stays off
    when the coolant is hot and the airconditioner is on, both radiator and condenser fan run at full speed. "

My condenser fan is not consistent ... sometimes it runs full speed, sometime half speed .. Even when the engine is already hot after running around the city ..
    When engine to cold and ac on, the condenser fan sometime run at full speed ... When engine is hot, the radiator fan fan at full speed, but the condenser fan sometimes run half speed and sometime full speed ...

Is is this normal ?? Or do I need to replace the condenser fan ??

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    sensor ok? wiring ok?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    sensor ok? wiring ok?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    all are stock .. wirings never been replaced/repaired .. sensors, only the thermoswitch had been replaced ..

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezaremos View Post

"there are two fans for corolla, one is radiator fan and the other is a condenser fan.
    when the engine coolant is still cold and the aircon is on, both radiator fan and condenser fan runs at half speed
    when the coolant is around 90 degrees celsius and the a/c is off, the radiator fan runs at full speed and the condenser fan stays off
    when the coolant is hot and the airconditioner is on, both radiator and condenser fan run at full speed. "

My condenser fan is not consistent ... sometimes it runs full speed, sometime half speed .. Even when the engine is already hot after running around the city ..
    When engine to cold and ac on, the condenser fan sometime run at full speed ... When engine is hot, the radiator fan fan at full speed, but the condenser fan sometimes run half speed and sometime full speed ...

i thought them fans had only two settings... on and off.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezaremos View Post

What year model is your toyota corolla? I think the condenser fan should run at full speed when its on.
    For the newer cars which has the radiator and condenser fan combined into one, the speed of the fan changes.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by xtian119 View Post
    What year model is your toyota corolla? I think the condenser fan should run at full speed when its on.
    For the newer cars which has the radiator and condenser fan combined into one, the speed of the fan changes.
    Corolla 1996 1.6 GLi .. The one they called Big Body ..

7. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Pwede palitan ng motor lang yan around 500 to 1000 depends sa brand na kukunin mo

Sent from my ASUS Zenfone 3 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    palitan na ni TS, bago pa mag-overheat ang makina.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    palitan na ni TS, bago pa mag-overheat ang makina.
    hindi nman mag overheat kasi nung nabutas yung top ng radiator ko dahil nag clogged, ang unang una ko napansin ay nag full speed ang condenser fan at radiator fan para hindi mag overheat ang makina .. ngayon na maayos na ang radiator ko, bagong overhaul .. balik to normal na nman yung condenser fan .. minsan half speed, minsan full speed ..

Nagtataka lang ako dahil ang pagkaka alam ko, kapag mainit na ang makina at full speed na ang radiator fan .. diba dapat full speed rin ang condenser fan .. yung akin kasi hindi eh .. minsan nag full speed speed nag ilang seconds lang tpos balik to half speed na naman ... tapos off .. after ilang seconds .. on nanaman pero half speed .. mayat maya full speed nanaman ng ilang seconds ..

Baka cguro ito yung dahilan na hindi lumalamig yung aircon ko kapag steady sa traffic kasi hindi nag full speed yung condenser fan kahit mainit na ang makina at tanghaling tapat sa traffic ..