New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jeDi13 View Post
    it should be the second option on your list, low thermostat setting, and high setting for the fan
    that's a clearer answer like oglitch's sir. thanks...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by lancer5790 View Post
    mga sir, linawin ko lang, honda city ang car ko at walang problema sa aircon niya. meron din siyang automatic shut off. everything is fine with the car, properly maintained siya. ang tanong ko lang is alin sa dalawang setting ang mas matipid. yun
    huh? meron bang pagkakaiba ang tanong mo?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by lancer5790 View Post
    mga sir, linawin ko lang, honda city ang car ko at walang problema sa aircon niya. meron din siyang automatic shut off. everything is fine with the car, properly maintained siya. ang tanong ko lang is alin sa dalawang setting ang mas matipid. yun
    anong model? i'm not sure kung pareho. ung sa civic 98 namin AFAIK is mechanical ang nagpapainit ng aircon. may nabasa ako regarding dito sa ibang forum. so sabi kahit naka sagad sa pinakamalamig yung aircon mo pareho din consumption niya. kasi laging naka engage ang compressor. subukan ko hanapin yung post pag sinipag. better ask kung ganyan din yung sa city. mas ok pa kung manually mo i off once in a while ang a/c and gawing fan.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Kung di naman masyadong mainit, yung katamtaman lang sa thermostat setting ay ok na...

Kung talagang sobrang init, next to the lowest temp setting ng thermostat, doon ang the best...

Kapag naka-Max ka, walang pahinga din ang Compressor.

Tungkol naman sa fan, hangin lang yan, walang pinagkaiba (kung malakas o hindi) sa tanong mo....
    pareho lang....

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    If you want it to be economical, the best setting is what's closest to the outside temperature kasi the compressor will almost always be off. Siyempre, ayaw mo yan. Maiinit yan.

The next best thing if you ask me is if you have a car with climate control, just set it to the best room temperature between 22-24 degrees. Colder than that, you'll make the aircon work harder = more FC. Hotter than that, and you'll be sweating.

If its a manual A/C go 50-60% depending on the temperature that you feel. Mahirap yan, kasi tantsa-tantsa lang...

Anyway, the reason why I also mentioned 22-24 deg is because I think its also best for your health. You don't get "thermal shock." Pag masyadong malamig sa loob, at masyadong maiinit sa labas, our bodies is less able to handle the sudden swing in temperature, and you'll likely get a sore throat or colds.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Forget the blower/fan for a minute.

OTEP's answer sheds some light as to exactly HOW an aircon compressor works.

Moving the thermostat actually just influences how often and how long your compressor's clutch is engaged. A high cooling setting means the A/C compressor clutch is engaged for longer periods of time before it stops, although it will have longer breaks. The reverse is true for a low cooling setting (more frequent breaks but shorter engagement periods). If you're observant enough, you can actually HEAR the clutch engaging and disengaging.

Since the clutch is engaged longer on a high cooling setting, you burn more fuel...but regardless of what position your thermostat is in (or even if your A/C is on or off), your compressor will still be spinning every time you run the engine because it's connected via a belt.

So now you know WHY the second option is easier on fuel.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    from what i understand, tumataas ang fc mo pag nag aircon ka kasi the engine will exert more effort to run the a/c compressor thats why tataas ng konti ang idling mo.. pacorrect po kung mali.

how about kung after mo i-on ang a/c di naman tumataas ang idling mo.. may difference pa din ba sa fc?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    eto nga pala yung nabasa ko regarding don sa post ko.

http://s3.zetaboards.com/HCP/single/...3415&t=7180395

i'm not sure kung tunay.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    cut and paste mo na lang bro, para di na kami mag register. kelangan registered ser para ma access ang link.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by akosiempoy View Post
    from what i understand, tumataas ang fc mo pag nag aircon ka kasi the engine will exert more effort to run the a/c compressor thats why tataas ng konti ang idling mo.. pacorrect po kung mali.
    This is where the clutch comes in. When it's engaged, the A/C compressor contributes to A/C cooling, but at the same time adds load to the engine. Disengaged, it just free-wheels - less load on the engine. As mentioned, the frequency and duration of engagement is controlled via the A/C thermostat.

On an SX8 Honda City like the threadstarter has, there's a separate button for turning the A/C compressor on and off. When it's off, the clutch is disengaged and it free-wheels - only the blower is operational.

Now, the blower itself is usually an electrical component, not mechanically driven from the engine like the A/C compressor is. There's still some parasitic load on the engine when the blower is on, but far less than what the A/C compressor would have. Less load on engine = less fuel burned.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
which setting is more economical?