New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Hello there fellow tsikoteers, I just want to seek an advice regarding my L300's aircon compressor. I will just ask if repairable ba ang shaft seal ng SD 7 sa compressor??? And if not, how much is the brand new??? Can you recommend any aircon shops yung hindi nanloloko, and kung kaya pang maayos 'yung shaft seal??? Thank you very much...

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jackyhonta View Post
    Hello there fellow tsikoteers, I just want to seek an advice regarding my L300's aircon compressor. I will just ask if repairable ba ang shaft seal ng SD 7 sa compressor??? And if not, how much is the brand new??? Can you recommend any aircon shops yung hindi nanloloko, and kung kaya pang maayos 'yung shaft seal??? Thank you very much...

jacky,
    the shaft seal is not a repairable unit , it has to be replaced. the seal component resposible for the sliding surfaces are made of graphite and do not usually cause a leak unless touched by bare hands on the sealing surface. believe it or not, as thin as a fingerprint can cause it not to seal properly. however, the neoprene component that seals the shaft starts to develop leaks after an extended period of time. the airconditioner needs to be "exercised" every now and then to assure the seal lubrication and integrity.
    jick

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    -Thanks to the reply jick, just wondering if there is any reputable aircon repair/sales shops here in pasig area where I can buy an SD7 compressor???

4. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    jick,
    i inquired sa kool care puwede daw palitan yung shaft seal ng compressor ng sd 7, meron daw silang parts na shaft seal, i am just wondering why my suking aircon repair shop is suggesting to buy a new compressor and he does not advise replacing the shaft seal. Which sir is correct, sorry sa abala.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jackyhonta View Post
    jick,
    i inquired sa kool care puwede daw palitan yung shaft seal ng compressor ng sd 7, meron daw silang parts na shaft seal, i am just wondering why my suking aircon repair shop is suggesting to buy a new compressor and he does not advise replacing the shaft seal. Which sir is correct, sorry sa abala.
    maybe they don't the tools, training or the compressor compression is low. some people don't want to go the few steps and just want to replace components. it is the trend now. i remember i used to repair water pumps, fuel pumps and most components. this day and age, sometimes parts are not available and sometimes the cost of parts and labor is higher than a brand new component. it could be economics or lack of capability on the part of the technician

SD 7 shaft seal for aircon compressor