New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    How can we protect ourselves from lousy automotive service providers? Can we not have something similar to Better Business Bureau that acts as depository of complaints against erring business establishments? Or a system for car owners to have a more informed decision with regard to choosing the right provider? Although, DTI might have some Consumer Protection program, the quality of service in the government may just add to your frustration.

Here's the reason for my current frustration:

I had my car aircon cleaned and repaired by a certain "de la Cruz" whose shop is located in Evangelista Avenue, Makati. He was given total freedom on what needs to be done or replaced to make the aircon fixed. However, we had to bring back the car several times and we were given different reasons each time. Upto now the aircon is still not working.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    the sad thing bro is that the best thing you can do is to bring it to a reputable shop and forget about this guy's shop.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    ganyan po talaga mga aircon repair shops.. minsan hindi nila alam yung ginagawa nila..

dalhin na ninyo kay Mang Mario yan..subok na ng mga members dito..

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Curious din ako. Meron bang regulating/approving body na nagbibigay ng "certification" of some sort to indicate na ang shop/service center ay qualified to perform the services that they offer? Malaking number kasi ng shops sa Pinas ay pseudo-automotive shops na puno ng backyard mechanics. Konting grasa, konting, llabe at wrench, mekaniko na. Sa ibang bansa kasi, you need to get accreditation from a certain body to say that you are qualified to service an automobile. For example, in California, they have the California Bureau of Automotive Repair (BAR) which gives accreditation to Repair shops in the State of California.

Dito sa atin, tsikot.com ang isa sa pinaka the best source ng "accreditation" pero pano naman mga computer illiterate na motorista? Sobrang dami niyan. Kawawa naman.

Ang TSIKOT.COM kaya? Baka pwedeng i-formalize ang pagi-issue ng acreditaion? Based on experience of fellow tsikoteers and based on the evaluation of our in-houese experts. AAP kaya? Pwede din kayang magbigay at magtanggal ng accreditation?

I personally would not ask the government to issue such accreditation. Walang kahit katiting na karapatan ito kung ako ang tatanungin.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 4wrider
    Here's the reason for my current frustration:

I had my car aircon cleaned and repaired by a certain "de la Cruz" whose shop is located in Evangelista Avenue, Makati. He was given total freedom on what needs to be done or replaced to make the aircon fixed. However, we had to bring back the car several times and we were given different reasons each time. Upto now the aircon is still not working.
    Kakainis talaga yan ganyang shop, nagbayad ka na, naabala and then walang nangyari.

But kung aasa tayo sa serbisyo ng gobyerno for the protection of consumers, hay naku lalo lang nakaka frustrate, Matagal pa panahon ang dadaan bago mag mature ang politiko sa gobyerno natin to make necessary laws for the benifits of our people. Not to mention the implementation of the law.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nangyari na sa akin yang ganyang experience previously (dun sa dating oto ko). every two weeks sira aircon ko. tapos every two weeks, iba-iba pinapalitang parts. up to the point that i have spent almost 6k for the repair (syempre, drain/karga drain/karga yan parati ng freon every repair tapos may labor costs pa...)

to the point na dinala ko na lang sa casa. ayun, naayus for 12k.

the point is...siguro, we consumers need nga to assert our rights on these repair shops who drains us with our hard-earned money. and how do we do it? my ideas:

a. siguro, we can petition DTI as an automotive group (tsikot.com);
    b. via personal network, try to spread the bad service as much as possible (also, this site can be of help, but there are other channels too).
    c. via mass media (sulat na si marvin, eg. sa consumers plaints na meron sa PDI, etc.)

7. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Puede ba tsikot.com as forum to choose the best service/parts provider or dealer? Is it possible to solicit votes from members to choose the best and worst? What will be the safeguards against possible abuses? Is the system capable of ascertaining that only good faith participants are allowed to vote so as to protect otherwise good provider from malicious defamation?

Just some thoughts.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 4wrider
    Puede ba tsikot.com as forum to choose the best service/parts provider or dealer? Is it possible to solicit votes from members to choose the best and worst? What will be the safeguards against possible abuses? Is the system capable of ascertaining that only good faith participants are allowed to vote so as to protect otherwise good provider from malicious defamation?

Just some thoughts.

ang alam ko may list of recommended shops na ang tsikot.com eh. dunno about your other questions...

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Opo, meron tayong "Auto Shop" section.... dun mo makikita ang mga recommended shops. Meron po syang directory, pero hindi po affiliated ang tsikot.com sa mga yan. Talagang parang list of shops lang po.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by fuego4x2
    Malaking number kasi ng shops sa Pinas ay pseudo-automotive shops na puno ng backyard mechanics. Konting grasa, konting, llabe at wrench, mekaniko na. Sa ibang bansa kasi, you need to get accreditation from a certain body to say that you are qualified to service an automobile. For example, in California, they have the California Bureau of Automotive Repair (BAR) which gives accreditation to Repair shops in the State of California.
    Ang pagmemekaniko ay hindi din naman nalalayo sa pagdodoctor when it comes to career paths. Most of the 'pseudo-backyard-shadetree-mechanics' have already finished their formal studies that is why they are free to go and open their own shops. Kumbaga sa doctor, consultants na sila and pwede na sila magbukas ng sarili nilang clinic.

A lot of the people in more 'structured' shops are still undergoing training. The casas have tie-ups with auto mechanic schools so that they will be supplied with with manpower. In essence, para silang Medical Clerks and Medical Interns ng casa.

Ayoko na ikwento ang mga horror stories ko with these students. Balik shadetree mechanic na lang ako afterwards.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Remedy versus lousy Aircon Service Provider