New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2005
    What is a recommended brand of coolant?

I remember about a post a few weeks ago somewhere here in tsikot, insinuating something negative about Prestone. At the same time, the poster recommended using coolant from Caltex.

This is for an old 96 Corona EX Saloon.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    erm, what's wrong with prestone?

there are probably alot of tsikoteers that use prestone as coolant, me included

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    A poster in one of threads here in tsikot just mentioned avoid prestone so that got me curious.

Anyway, I have the impression that different brand coolants seem very similar if not the same.

I'm curious about the opinion and experience of other people here.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I also use prestone coolant on my two cars no problem at all on my SR i use Red line Water Wetter expensive but worth for the money.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    prestone pre-mixed coolant naman ang gamit ko para no need to timpla-timpla the 50-50 formulation, hahaha!!!

much cheaper ang bumili ng pre-mixed kesa sa bumili ka ng concentrated at maghahalo ka pa

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Been using prestone ready-to-use coolant.

the gauge seldom go the mid range even under the scorching heat of the sun and enduring a bumper to bumper traffic condition at edsa and quirino highway, considering that my ride is a bit outdated.

So far so good.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Matagal kami use ng prestone sa luma naming cars. ok naman.

We also used the one from shell. ok din.

OT:yung mga radiator stop leak na product medyo ingat lang dahil kaya nuon mag block ng linya ng radiator resulting to engine overheat!

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Shell Coolguard OAT. This is the stuff in the orange bottle. No complaints.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    *testament11 / *excalibur..mga sir ito ba yung prestone antifreeze, antiboil na yellow yung plastic container then kulay green yung liquid? tapos naka-indicate din na "do not add water"

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I am sticking with the toyota long life coolant for our ZZ.

Recommended Brand of Coolant?