New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    2 years Lang iyong evercool? Bilis naman Pala nya.

Sent from my RMX3690 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by SRGuy View Post
    ilan taon ba max lifespan ng radiator ng vios?
    Im still using the original from 2003.

Sent from my 2107113SG using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Huwow kala ko pa naman palitin na radiator namin vios 2008 (low mileage) - no leak pa naman ...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    Im still using the original from 2003.

Sent from my 2107113SG using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    My 2006 fd2's rad spung a leak just last year. Ok na din I suppose. I replaced it w/ an evercool. I hope it lasts Naman.

5. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    2 years Lang iyong evercool? Bilis naman Pala nya.

oo nga eh akala ko maganda quality nya

6. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Iba-iba experience sa Evercool. But majority naman okay. For the price, it's okay na rin for immediate need.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    be careful with those aftermarket radiators that come with a radiator cap. the pressure throat is usually deeper than the original and the pressure valve does not seal. this could potentially prevent the antifreeze/coolant from returning to the radiator from the surge tank/recovery bottle/overflow bottle. the typical non closed circuit cooling system(pressure cap not installed on the radiator) have radiator caps equipped with pressure valve to pressurize(hence raise the boiling point of the coolant) and a vacuum valve to allow the displaced coolant due to expansion back to the radiator. the upper seal of this type of radiator cap also has an upper seal to keep the vacuum while the coolant returns to the radiator. on turbocharged subarus, there are two raidator caps, one for the turbocharger coolant tank and one on the radiator. these two caps do not have the same pressure ratings. the radiator mounted has a rating of nominal 1.3 bar while the one mounted near the turbocharger has 1.1 bar of pressure. the ones with closed system cooling system do not have a vacuum valve like the ones for a toyota previa or most newer chrysler products

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    be careful with those aftermarket radiators that come with a radiator cap. the pressure throat is usually deeper than the original and the pressure valve does not seal. this could potentially prevent the antifreeze/coolant from returning to the radiator from the surge tank/recovery bottle/overflow bottle. the typical non closed circuit cooling system(pressure cap not installed on the radiator) have radiator caps equipped with pressure valve to pressurize(hence raise the boiling point of the coolant) and a vacuum valve to allow the displaced coolant due to expansion back to the radiator. the upper seal of this type of radiator cap also has an upper seal to keep the vacuum while the coolant returns to the radiator. on turbocharged subarus, there are two raidator caps, one for the turbocharger coolant tank and one on the radiator. these two caps do not have the same pressure ratings. the radiator mounted has a rating of nominal 1.3 bar while the one mounted near the turbocharger has 1.1 bar of pressure. the ones with closed system cooling system do not have a vacuum valve like the ones for a toyota previa or most newer chrysler products
    it shouldn't be difficult to design fillers/caps that offer good sealing.
    so i wonder, is this non-sealing cap by design, poor choice of cap, or simple poor workmanship?

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    it shouldn't be difficult to design fillers/caps that offer good sealing.
    so i wonder, is this non-sealing cap by design, poor choice of cap, or simple poor workmanship?
    mostly erroneous desgn and measurement of the radiator throat, the radiator cap fitment on top of the radiator is sometimes out-of-round preventing proper sealing. to make sure of the fit, measure the depth of the throat sealing ring and compare with the radiator pressre seal protrusion.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789